18

Been around
Like hella propellers,
Wanna know who you with...

--

"Does table fifteen have tea?"

A kitchen staff carrying a tea dispenser asked. Same time, Chimdi and her friends made it to their table.

They nodded and she wheeled the mini cart carrying tea dispensers away.

The girls exchanged pleasantries with Jiki, while Chimdi made for his ears, giving them a squeeze, causing the boy to yelp.

"What the hell! What was that for?" He shouted, hands covering his ear. They felt dysfunctional.

"What did you do this time?" Nene asked him, grabbing a slice of bread, while Lara waved them off.

"Why did you give TJ my number!" Chimdi asked as she made for a plastic cup, which seemed to be stuck with other ones.

Jiki's laughter filled the air, earning him a jab from Chimdi who scowled further. "What's so funny oga?"  She pouted, finally setting free the cursed cup.

"Why? It's just your number, and he's your friend now baa?" The fair boy teased, casting her a mocking glance.

She filled her teacup in rage, a dash of the hot liquid substance made for her finger.

She cursed. "That's not the point! You should have given me a heads up first. Guy! I felt like faking my death and moving the Cuba. I didn't know how to reply." She pouted, taking a sip of the tasteless liquid.

Her face scrunched up in disgust as the horrible liquid hit her taste bud.

Jiki cracked up, earning a strange look from Nene and Lara.

"Are you for real? Faking death and moving to Cuba?" He shook his head, while she gave him a glare. "That's the most unserious suicide threat I've heard."

"I'm serious." She muttered, disappointed that her plan on murdering Jiki wasn't working. He always found a way to escape her wrath.

"Does that death faking thingy sound real sef?" There, he successfully stirred the conversation to another direction.

Chimdi shrugged, rage and plot for revenge totally forgotten, as she spread a bread spread on a white loaf. "Maybe. I don't know, but it's rumoured that most celebrities fake their death just to have quality times at Cuba."

Jiki thought about it for a while, amidst shoving a buttered up bread into his mouth. "Imagine living in a house full of missing celebrities."

She followed his action, taking a bite from her bread as well. "With Juice wrld as the landlord."

Jiki rolled his eyes. "Juice Wrld can't be landlord, he recently joined them."

"Say Tupac then?"

"Na, that dude died for real."

Chimdi chuckled, finishing off her first two slices of bread, before looking around the big table. She noticed something was off. "Where is Elo and TJ?" She asked no one in particular.

"So you noticed." Lara casted them a mocking gaze. "Are you two done with gossiping?"

Nene let out a dramatic sigh. "No leave her. Madam, is that how to murder somebody in your village?" Nene asked, referring to her early morning rambling. Chimdi sent them a sheepish grin before smacking Jiki on the head.