23

Usually I'm like,
"Whatever," but tonight,
the way you're moving
got me with my mind.

__

"O-ma, o ma gosh!"

Chimdi screamed with Lara, alongside sweaty and adrenaline filled party animals, jumping with so much reckless abandon to the afro pop music blaring from the thumping speakers.

Young boy in a big man posh
Young boy with a big man purse!!

The crowded space hot and so was her whole body. She could feel the thick denim sticking to her body, hand held securely in Lara's viselike grip.

She was sweaty, her body on fire, not the good kind. She needed to get out of there and besides, she felt like the tenth wheel.

After getting a few shots from the make shift bar, she'd felt a little free, like a bird let out of it's cage with a rope binding it's leg, just in case it strayed too far.

Abike's hand on TJ had created a disturbing image in her mind. She couldn't, for unfathomable reasons, bring herself to think about the duo dancing and screaming together, body sweaty to the thumping music.

She watched Chuks dance in circles around them and not so subtly, did he touch her probably oblivious friend. Another reason to get out of there. She wasn't going to stand in his way.

She tried to free her hand and that got Lara's attention.

"Where are you going?" Lara shouted, all happy smile and sweats.

"I'm going back up," she shouted back, trying to beat the music's volume. "I'm tired!"

Lara pouted before letting go and in few seconds, Chimdi found herself pushing through sweaty and over hyped bodies, making her way to the glass-enclose.

"Hey party pooper!" She heard his voice.

She could recognise the voice anytime and anywhere. She looked up to a smiling TJ and she felt something between the lines of relief and joy stir in her chest.

"I'm not a party pooper." She shot back, crossing her legs while scrolling through her phone.

She'd removed the denim, and that left her on only the lacy bralette and her short leather skirt, which rode up as she crossed her long legs. And this time she didn't care, she was grateful for Lara's advice on wearing a bum short.

She looked behind him for a sign of any company, but found no one.

"Where's your dance partner?" She asked with attempted nonchalance.

He let out a laugh before plopping beside her. "Do I sense a green eyed monster?" He nudged her playfully.

"Boy please, you've got the wrong girl?" She retorted with an unladylike snort, trying so hard to focus her gaze on her cell phone.

"For real," TJ began with a nod, "What kind of girl are you?"

"I'm a lot of things TJ. Now don't change the topic, where's your dance partner?" She dropped her cell phone, her attention now solely on him.

"I don't know, she's somewhere down there." He replied, pointing at the crowded dance floor. "Left her here in search of you, but couldn't find you. Why? Are you looking for her?"

She shook her head furiously, "Nope, I just don't want to see her face." She said with finality, causing the boy to be taken aback.

TJ chuckled. "She's not your favourite of persons is she?"