Promise Part 1

Dispatch News: BTS JEON JUNGKOOK AND CHOU TZUYU ARE CONFIRMED TO BE DATING.

Chaeyoung put her phone down while the tears that she has been holding back streamed down her cheeks. She clenched her aching heart as her other hand covered her mouth to lessen the sound of her sobs.

How could he? He promised.

"Chae, I will marry you someday," Jungkook declared one night while they were having their usual movie night at his apartment. He was laying  his head on Chaeyoung's lap with eyes full of love.

"What?" Chaeyoung giggled. She rested her hand on his head giving soft caresses on his hair. "What has gotten into you this time?" she continued, amused at how Jungkook said the most random things at the most random moments.

"I'm serious," he pouted when he thought Chaeyoung was not taking him seriously. She was caught off-guard when she saw his serious expression.

"Is he really serious?" she thought.

"Earth to Chaeyoung," Jungkook snapped his fingers in front of her, interrupting her thoughts. She didn't notice Jungkook getting up from her lap and was now facing her with his big doe eyes.

Chaeyoung stared back at Jungkook. "Sorry, baby. I was j-just-"

"Enchanted by my handsome face?" Jungkook said playfully to ease the awkwardness.

She smacked his shoulders and looked away to hide her red face.

Jungkook chuckled at her cuteness and pulled her back to face him once again. He put his hands in between her face and stared directly into her eyes.

"Look at me, love," he said back to his serious tone again. "When the right time comes, I'm gonna marry you." He kissed her forehead then smiled at her. "Okay?"

She blinked her eyes too many times and gulped. She couldn't speak so she just nodded softly. Jungkook smiled then sealed their agreement with a sweet kiss.

Chaeyoung cried even harder as she reminisced the good times with Jungkook. She remembered the first time they met in an award show. She was wandering around the backstage when she tripped over and Jeon Jungkook caught her. Fortunately, everyone was too busy minding their own business to notice. She remembered how her heart fluttered when she realized who saved her.

"Are you okay?" he said with his concerned voice. All she ever wanted at that moment was to stare at his beautiful eyes. He was too handsome that it was hard to believe that someone like him exists. Too bad someone called him which interrupted our moment. He cleared his throat and said, "Please be careful. I need to go now. Bye!" He bowed before he sprinted away.

A year after that meeting is when they started going on secret dates until they decided to make their relationship official six months later. Only their members and family knew about them. Since they are both big K-pop idols, maintaining a secret relationship was never easy. Every end of the year when they were supposed to be excited for the new year became dreadful for both of them since that is the time when Dispatch reveals a celebrity couple. Nevertheless, three years with him was the best. However, as others say, not all love stories have a happy a ending. Ours was one of them. It was a year ago but in Chaeyoung's heart it was as if it was just yesterday.  She could still hear Jungkook's voice saying "Chae, I will marry you someday"

Chaeyoung looked at her phone once again. According to the news Jungkook and Tzuyu have been dating for six months. Tears streamed down her face once again. She laid her head on her soft pillow hearing her own sobs until she fell asleep.