Promise Part 2

Days and months passed by quickly. The girls had a successful comeback this year and Chaeyoung has just released her solo album. Life seems perfect for her, well at least on the outside. Deep inside however, Chaeyoung felt empty no matter how hard she tried to find happiness in everything.

"You can do this, Chaeng," Lisa whispered into Chaeyoung's ear as they march along the red carpet for the Korean Music Award Show.

"Thanks," Chaeyoung replied with a tight smile, thankful for her bandmate's words of encouragement. She had been dreading this moment for she knew BTS will also be attending. It will be the first time she's going to see him since their breakup. 

"You can't keep avoiding him, Chaeyoung," she remembered Jisoo telling her. "Our world is too small not to rub elbows with him."

Chaeyoung and her members walked along the red carpet with happy smiles on their faces. Deep inside, Chaeyoung felt quite the opposite. While they were posing for pictures, loud cheers erupted on the other side. Everyone turned their attention on the group who just arrived. Even without glancing, Chaeyoung knew who they were. Lisa held her hand for support while Chaeyoung heaved a nervous sigh. She gave a soft smile to Lisa and acted as if everything is okay.

The show has soon started and everyone has already settled in. To Chaeyoung's relief, they were seated away from BTS. Chaeyoung was enjoying the performances that she almost forgot about Jungkook. Almost, not until she saw him backstage. They just finished their performance while BTS was about to go onstage. Both groups passed by each other and exchanged friendly bows and smiles.  

"Hey, Chaeyoung! We miss you!" J-Hope exclaimed. Chaeyoung smiled warmly at J-Hope and the rest of the members except for one. It was just a quick chat because BTS is the next one to perform.

"You okay?" Jisoo asked her softly once they were far from the boys already. She nodded in response.

The loud cheers outside signified that BTS has already started performing. The girls were already inside their dressing room to change their sweaty outfits and fix their makeup. Their room has a TV monitor so they can actually see who is performing onstage. Chaeyoung saw her members watching the performance while she was pretending to be busy with her phone.

The award show soon ended and the girls were already on their way to their car to head home.

"Chae.." she heard someone call her name from behind.

She froze. Her heart started beating fast knowing the owner of that voice. Her members on the other hand looked at her with concern.

"C'mon Chae, let's go," Lisa grabbed her hand but she remained in place.

"Chae, please can I have a minute with you?" Jungkook pleaded, now looking at the members as well.

Chaeyoung started to walk away with the girls ignoring Jungkook's plea.

"Hangang Park, Friday, 10 pm. I'll wait for you," he said while Chaeyoung continued her steps without looking back.

"Chae," Jungkook held her arm which halted her steps. She looked at his hand in disbelief. "Yah, let her go Jungkook-ssi!" Lisa demanded.

Jungkook let go of her hand instantly. A moment of awkwardness passed.

"I'm s-sorry. Please Chae, just one last time. If you won't go I'll take it as a no. I won't bother you anymore. I promise," he said then stepped back.

Chaeyoung looked at him, not knowing what to say.

"I'm sorry Jungkook-ssi, but we have to go now," Jisoo said softly.

Jungkook put up a small smile and nodded.

The girls walked towards their car until they finally reached it and Chaeyoung was the last person to get in. When she was about to close the door, she saw Jungkook and met his eyes.

"same spot," he said just before the car door closed.

She watched him standing there while watching their car leave. Her tears started to stream down her face.

"I miss him," she muttered softly. Lisa hugged her while Jennie and Jisoo rubbed her back to comfort her.

"What do I do?" she asked more to herself than them.