First Love

Chaeyoung's POV

The fact that I'm in a BTS concert felt surreal. The moment I found out about their concert here in Australia, I knew I had to come.

Now that I'm finally here, mixed emotions settled in and I don't know if I made the right decision in coming here. Soon enough, the loud music and screams from the fans signalled that the concert is about to begin. Fans started to yell the fanchant, becoming more intense as each member reveals himself on stage.

My eyes immediately landed on the last member I've been wanting to see. His eyes were sparkling and has smile that could melt anyone's heart.

My wild heart suddenly felt that familiar feeling whenever I see him. It's been 8 years and I still haven't forgotten about him.

And as if everything around were muted, memories of the sound of our heavy footsteps and laughter as we raced toward our spot in the park came rushing.

Jungkook was my first boyfriend; my first love. We were each other's firsts and although we were pretty young then, we already knew that it was love. However, things started taking a different turn few days after our middle school graduation. Jungkook came to me, running and told me the news that greatly affected our future.

"Chaeyoung-ah! I got a call from BigHit! I will soon become a trainee!" he said excitedly with a big smile on his face. "Can you believe that?"

"Oh my god Kookie! Congratulations!" I jumped up and down and gave him a tight hug.

We never realized the implications of him being a trainee until one day he told me he had to leave to start his training in Seoul. That's when reality started to take a toll on our relationship.

As young and inexperienced as I was, I didn't take it well. I kept missing him. I hadn't seen him in months. What's worse was that talking to him on the phone became harder. He became out of my reach.

I felt lonely and rejected.

One day, he called. He told me he misses me and home, and I told him I miss him too and I wanted to see him. But, he unfortunately said he couldn't. That rejection was the breaking point.

"Jungkook," I paused. "I'm tired. L-Let's break up," my voice cracked. There was dead silence on the other line. "Chaeyoung, is this one of your pranks?" Jungkook asked. "No, Jungkook, I'm serious," I said. "Chae, let's talk please." I didn't want to hear more that would potentially change my mind, so I pressed the end button.

I cried a river after that. Jungkook however, continued calling me while I continued rejecting him. A month passed, he stopped calling. Maybe he got tired, I figured. I still cried over him but I realized my life has to go on somehow. I then made the decision though reluctantly, to follow my parents to Australia. Since then, I never came back.

If I have put my past behind, why am I here then?

To have a proper closure somehow? I admit, the way I ended things with Jungkook was an immature move. If I could turn back time, I would do it differently or maybe I wouldn't do it at all.

As I look at him right now, seeing how successful he had become, I couldn't help but feel proud. However, despite all those, concealed in the deepest corner of my heart, are the what if's and maybe's.

What if we didn't breakup?

What if I had been more understanding?

Maybe, we'd still be together until now.

Maybe I wouldn't be here just watching him from afar right now.

Maybe...

I blankly stared at him and my heart skipped a beat when I felt his intense gaze. The noise came back to my senses and I was suddenly alert. I released a sigh of relief when he averted his eyes and went on with the performance.

"There is no way he saw me among the crowd." I thought to myself. "Right?"

The concert went on and when it came to an end, the thought of when-will-I-see-him-again left an empty feeling in my heart.

With heavy steps, I walked toward the exit door but a petite woman blocked my way. Her shirt tells me that she's one of the staff.

"Are you Miss Park Chaeyoung?" she asked me.

With furrowed brows, I answered her hesitantly. "I-I am. Why?"

"You've been chosen as one of the lucky fans to participate in the after-concert meet and greet. Please follow me," She motioned me to follow her and I did without question. I wanted to ask her but she was talking on her phone, so I kept my mouth shut.

She led me toward the venue and stopped by the door.

"I'll leave you here, Miss Park. You may show yourself inside."

When she left, I looked around and strangely I noticed there were not many people walking around.

Perhaps, I am already late.

I nervously held the knob and thought of Jungkook. Will he recognize me? Should I back out now?

I mustered all the courage I have.
"Here goes nothing," I thought. Then I opened the door only to be met with an empty room.

Is this the right room? Am I being pranked? I looked around dumbfounded.

Suddenly I heard someone clearing his throat. I automatically turned in that direction then froze in place. Walking towards me is none other than Jeon Jungkook. He stops right in front of me and smiles. "Hi, it's been awhile."

Is. This. Real?

I think I might faint. He reaches my forehead and puts the back of his palm. "Chae, are you alright?" he asks with a concerned look.

It was a good 2 seconds when I finally found my voice. "Y-Yes... I'm.. I'm fine."

Nothing could ever prepare when he suddenly reached for me and hugged me. My arms were hanging awkwardly. I leaned in to his warm embrace and relaxed.

"God, I missed you," I heard him say. "Please don't ever leave me again."

We pulled away and looked into each other's eyes. "I'm sorry," I said with tears in my eyes. His face fell. Looking away, he said with a hint of sadness. "Oh, sorry. I-I got carried away. D-Do you have a boyfriend? Are you married? It's been so long after all-"

I reached for his face and looked him in the eye. "What are you blabbering about, silly?" I gave a tight smile. "I said I'm sorry. I was stupid and immature. I shouldn't have broken up with you. It was stupid. I know I left you and it's been so long. Feelings change but I realized mine stayed the same," It was my turn to blabber. The words came out at such a fast pace that I was out of breath after. "Jungkook, regardless of what you feel, I want you to know that I still lo-"

He gave me a quick peck on the lips cutting my words. "I still love you, too," he said then wrapped me in his arms and kissed my forehead.

I sighed contentedly as I hugged him back.

a/n
Thanks for reading! 😘
This is my first oneshot story. I hope you liked it. 🙏
Please comment and vote.