Panic Attack

It's almost midnight when I decide to go out to buy food in the nearest convenience store. I walk through the dimly lit empty hallway until I reach the elevator. As soon as I press the button, the door automatically opens. I step inside and press the close button. Before the door completely shuts, a hand blocks and forces it open. I hold my chest in complete surprise. It then reveals my mysterious and elusive next door neighbor. He just moved in a month ago and I haven't had any interaction with him.

I stare at him while he quietly enters without sparing me a glance. He presses the button and nonchalantly stands at the corner opposite mine while the door slowly closes before us.

"Hi, I'm Park Chaeyoung," I beam.

He finally looks at me. His piercing gaze made my cheeks warm.

How is this man so gorgeous?

"Hello," he replies with his deep voice.

Ok, Chaeyoung. Stay calm. Act natural.

"Uhm, I live next door. May I know your name?" I bravely ask.

"Jungkook," he deadpans.

I nod my head awkwardly in response.

Hey, mister. Hello? Care to say more?

Much to my chagrin, he doesn't say any word after that. He indifferenly stands there staring straight at the wall.

Silence envelopes us since Mr. Cutiepie is ignoring my beautiful existence. I form my mouth into a pout.

Well if he doesn't wanna speak. Then so be it. It's his loss, not mine.

Since my phone is not working inside the elevator, I busy myself looking at the numbers as we descend when suddenly the elevator stops.

I hear myself squeal when the light went off seconds after. Light coming from Jungkook's phone illuminates. He then pushes the emergency button, but nothing happens.

Instinctively, I grab my phone to make some call but realizes it's not even working. I begin to worry. Being in a closed dark space isn't really my thing.

"Shit!" I hear Jungkook curse at his phone. "No signal."

I go over the shut door and frantically pound on it. "Help!" I yelled. Jungkook pounds the door too but much calmer than I.

Our cry for help seems to be useless. Everyone must have been asleep. I lean against the wall in defeat. My heart starts pounding while my breath is becoming short. Sweat is beading on my forehead and my body is feeling cold.

"J-Jungkook-ssi," I mumble. "I'm feeling dizzy."

Jungkook's POV

"J-Jungkook-ssi," she mumbles. "I'm feeling dizzy."

The girl named Chaeyoung looks as white as paper and starts to wobble. Naturally, I reach for her to keep her in place. She stumbles on me and crashes her head on my chest. I hold her and gently let her sit down on the floor.

I kneel down beside her. "Hey, are you okay?" I cup her pale face and brush some stray hair from her face to take a good look. Her eyes are slightly closed, but thank god, she's conscious.

"Ch-Chaeyoung-ssi, look at me," I command while I shake her shoulders. She flutters her eyes open. Tears are forming in the corner. She stares at me for a second then automatically hugs me tightly. My body freezes at the sudden contact, not to mention the awkward position we are in. She breathes into my neck sending shivers all over my spine. I pull myself away from her. "Ch-Chaeyoung-ssi..."

"P-Please d-don't leave," she pleads with trembling voice and holds me even tightly. "J-Jungkook-ssi, please."

"Shh... I'm here," I assure her. I comfort her with a pat on her back and shift our position to a more comfortable one.

I wrap one arm around her and feel her slowly calming down in my embrace. Both of us succumb to sleep as we wait for the morning to come.

a/n
Thanks for reading! 😊
Hope you enjoyed.
Please comment your suggestions for my next story.
Vote, comment, and share!

P.S.
It's BTS Comeback day!!!!! 2-21-20😁😁