Promise Part 3

Friday

The day was full for the Blackpink members, especially Chaeyoung who attended interviews and photoshoots throughout the day. It was exhausting to say the least. It was however a good distraction from Chaeyoung's predicament. Now it's 9:15 pm and she's still in the shoot. It was supposed to finish an hour ago but it got delayed for some reason.

Chaeyoung was on the chair while her makeup was being fixed. She looked at the clock and her anxiety went up.

'Will I even go?' she thought to herself. 'Maybe not because duh you're still stuck in the shoot, Chaeyoung,' she answered herself.

"same spot..." but his voice kept ringing in her ears and it's getting louder as the time gets closer.

It's 9:25 pm.

"Let's have another shot with that outfit, Chaeyoung," the director said.

Chaeyoung immediately obliged. The shoot took a little longer since the director took long to be satisfied

"and that's a wrap," the director finally declared and everyone started packing their stuff.

Chaeyoung looked at the clock and it's 9:50 pm. There's no way she can reach Hangang Park in 10 minutes. Feeling resignated, she weakly started taking off her accessories.

Her phone rang.

"Hel--" she was cut off immediately.

"Are you there yet?"

It was Lisa. And she knew immediately what her question meant.

"No. The shoot just finished," she sighed.

"So what are you waiting for? Go now!"

"Wait, Lisa, is that you? Why are you suddenly pushing me?"

"Duh, I'm tired of seeing you sad."

"Don't you know what time it is now? It would take me 15 minutes at least to reach there. He would have left by that time," she said.

"Do you even hear how sad you sound while saying that?"

"I have given up. Besides, she has a girlfriend. What's the point?"

"Girl, did you even see the news?"

"What news?" Chaeyoung asked in confusion.

"It's a long story and you have to go now. Quick, before it's too late."

"Wait, what do you mean?" she asked again.

"Chaeyoung, the clock is ticking, go now!"

"O-okay," she managed to say.

"Don't forget to tell me the deets. Go get your man," Lisa finally said before ending the call.

Still confused, she heard Jungkook again in her mind.

"Same spot..."

Without knowing how her decision will turn out, Chaeyoung just knew in her heart that she needs to do something. So, she stood up immediately and sprinted toward her manager.

"Unnie, I have to go now..I need to borrow the car keys," she told her.

"What? Why? You have to--" the manager was cut off.

"Please it's emergency. I don't have time," she pleaded.

Chaeyoung drove the car fast while her heart was beating loud. Traffic was light that evening, but for Chaeyoung it felt like forever.

With one hand holding the steering wheel and the other reaching her phone, she dialed Jungkook's number but to no avail. She wanted to cry.

'Please please... wait for me," she muttered to herself.

Still wearing her outfit from the photoshoot, Chaeyoung reached Hangang Park at exactly 10:20 pm. She ran toward the spot where they usually spend their dates. She almost fell off.

She finally reached it, but there was no Jungkook in sight.

She scanned the whole area while catching her breath hoping to see any sign of him. Disappointment and regret filled her when she didn't.

"He's gone," she said in defeat as she wiped the forming tears in her eyes.

a/n

Hello!! Long time, no update. Forgive me. But hey, I hope you enjoyed the double update.
Please comment and vote.