Cross My Heart

As the team all gathers we teleport to the location where the stray is supposed to be. Sona stayed back at home since this was my business and I could tell she was ready for bed anyway. Once we teleport we arrive in a warehouse much like the last stray we fought. Over in the corner I see a blue light and smell flames coming from that direction. "Come on out you stray bastard." As he does I get a good look at him, black hair with burn scars all over his body and a stream of blue flames from his hands.

" As he does I get a good look at him, black hair with burn scars all over his body and a stream of blue flames from his hands

"Stray? I'm no stray devil." He starts walking out my way and I see blue flames in his hands. "You can call me Dabi, and from what I've heard you're the esteemed Y/N Phenex." So he isn't a stray devil but he knows who I am. Is he even a devil?

"What are you doing here Dabi?" He starts coming towards us and I have everyone else step back. "Get closer and I'll have to put you down!"

"Funny, my family would say the same thing, both my old one and the more recent one. Good thing for me my parents are dead as well as all of my siblings. We should see who's flames burn brighter, the immortal Phenex or the one with the power of Cremation." I dash towards him and deliver a gut punch to him. He recovers quickly and pushes me away before throwing some of his flames at me. My armor gets singed and I can tell this guy is no joke.

"If I need help I'll let you guys know, this fight is mine for now." Dabi laughs at me.

"You remind me of Shigaraki. Even when he had the help of those closest all he wanted was to defend his pride on his ultimate goal." He sends more blue flames at me and I try to defend with a barrier that he burns through with ease. "Magic bastard," he mutters.

"When I win this fight you're teaching me how to do that, your flames are incredible." His movements are pretty concise and fluid not allowing me to get a direct attack on him at all. Ultimately I decide to close the gap between us and am able to get some punches off on him. Dabi holds strong though and the look in his eye is completely sadistic. A straight punch to his chin and he gets sent sliding backwards, allowing me to start using my own flames. "You know, those blue flames could be even stronger if you joined us. Think about it, you could be my second in command." He scoffs at me.

"You'll have to do better than that. The current landscape of devil kind is a joke if you ask me, but you seem to be smarter than your superiors." Dabi stops fighting. "I've actually heard a lot about you, everyone like me has. While I'm not a devil I have respect for someone willing to break the status quo. Rumor is you and Rias Gremory aren't the ones smooching and you both want out of your engagement. I'll offer you a deal, but you have to beat me in this battle by yourself. Send your people back home or I'm going to kill you all." My eyes turn back to my peerage and they seem worried. As much as I don't like the idea of listening to Dabi I can tell that if he gets the chance he'll do exactly as he says.

"Akame, take the twins and Ravel home. Tell Sona I'll be home soon." She hesitates but I give her a cold look telling her not to fuck with me. She teleports away and Dabi starts laughing again.