No Way Out

Y/N POV

"Glad to see you're ready to train before school today," Iroh tells me as I greet him.

"You said you have something for me so I want to give it a shot. From what it seems you're going to teach me something that isn't related to fire, and having something like that would make it harder to counter me." He smirks at me, clearly enjoying my enthusiasm and desire to learn. We go outside and see a bunch of dark clouds, but there isn't a storm going on right now.

"I know that the Queen of Rias Gremory has an affinity for lightning magic, but I'm going to teach you a defense for it, as well as a way to redirect it on your own. You have to be able to feel your energy flow through you." He extends his arms out with two fingers pointed on each hand. One of his hands moves across his body, down to his stomach, and then up to where his other hand. "You must feel the energy in the way that I just displayed, from your fingertips, down into your stomach, and across to your other hand. You'll have to be careful with this technique though. If you attempt to conjure lightning without the proper fortitude or you direct it poorly, you could cause fatal damage to your body." He has me replicate his movements, all while attempting to feel the flow of energy in my body. I replicate him for about fifteen minutes before he stops and asks me to do the same. "You're picking it up quickly Y/N."

"Do you think I'm ready to try it Uncle Iroh?" He doesn't answer me immediately, and while it does make me wonder if he doesn't trust my abilities. "I'm not, am I?"

"Not yet, but soon. You desire to get this down quickly, which is admirable, but this is a technique that you must take your time with. Don't try to force it is what I'll tell you. Now let's go back inside so you can prepare for school. I'm sure you've got a big day ahead of you." Does he know something that I don't? Whatever it may be I hope it won't be anything too bad. We go back inside and as we do I see Dabi standing by the window smirking at me.

"Nice dance moves Captain." I flip him off and he starts laughing. "I'll be sticking around here while you all are at school. You don't have to worry, I'll be holding down the fort well."

"I can only trust you." We go into the kitchen and see Akame and the twins cooking breakfast with Ravel sitting at the table. "Is Sona not here?"

"I'm afraid not Y/N," Akame says. "She said she had to head out early so she did." Well that's kind of a bummer, but if Iroh was right then maybe even she knows something that I don't. We all eat breakfast quickly and head off to school. My mind is jumping between what Iroh taught me and what happened last night with Father. If I know Father I'm sure he caused a storm when he got home last night, though I feel like I would have heard something about it. Ravel seems to notice how I'm feeling and nudges my arm.

"Everything okay Y/N?" The girls look at me.

"Just a lot going on right now Rav. Between having Uncle Iroh around and with what happened last night I'm all over the place right now. He told me something earlier, and if I had to guess something big is going down, possibly today. If it does will you all be with me?"

"Of course Y/N," Rem answers. "That's why we're a part of your household after all. If anything is going to happen to you then it's our job to be there for you."

"I couldn't have said it better myself my sweet blue haired sister," Akame adds. Rem smiles at hearing the way Akame addressed her. Having that sort of backup proves to me that I'm creating the best household I can. Once we get to the school I see Rias and Akeno standing outside waiting on me.

"I need to talk to you Y/N," Rias says to me. "It's important, and it's something that I don't want a lot of people knowing about." So this is important then. I look to my household and tell them to head off. I follow Rias into the ORC and she sits me down one on one.