Try to Fight It

The next morning comes and I wake up to stretch a little bit. As I do a knock comes to the door.

"May I come in Y/N?" Judging by the absence of a Lord I know who it is.

"Of course Rem." I reach for a shirt and she comes into my room.

"Breakfast is ready when you are. Are you going to explore the town today?"

"Yes I am. Sona offered to show me around last night so she'll be here sometime later." The two of us go to the kitchen and see three plates prepared.

"Good morning Y/N."

"No Lord this time? What changed Ram?" She sits down at the table and Rem and I join her.

"Well since we are in a new place and you're the head of the household you deserve the respect of being called by what you desire." That's a nice change of pace.

"You know, you two don't need to wear the maid outfits anymore. If it makes you comfortable then feel free to but you two should be allowed to wear what you want."

"Sister," Rem says, "we should listen to Y/N. He doesn't see us as any lesser than him, and we should accept his wishes."

"Very well Rem, though I would advise continuing to wear it. While you may be comfortable allowing us to dress how we desire, we cannot be certain your father feels the same." The three of us eat our breakfast and a knock arrives at the door.

"I'll get it," I say. I make my way to it and see Sona standing outside. "Good morning Sona."

"Good morning Y/N. I hope I'm not too early."

"Not at all. Please come in." We go inside and the twin maids bow to her.

"Lady Sona, there is still some breakfast here if you are hungry." Sona looks up to me.

"I'd take it, Ram is an amazing cook." Sona smiles at me.

"Okay Ram, I would love some." She goes to sit down and Rem comes up to me.

"You two have a great day today Y/N!" She gives me a smile and goes back to the kitchen with Ram.

"You were right Y/N," Sona tells me, "this is amazing."

"Would I lie to you?" She finishes up and we prepare to leave. As we walk outside the air of Kuoh hits me, and it feels really nice. "Okay Sona, since you're the one who knows the town you lead the way." Sona and I don't know each other very well, but her and I both have a lot of weight on our shoulders as well as Rias. The three of us are young and represent the future of the remaining 72 Pillars. Our futures are very important to devil kind, and the pressure weighs heavily on me. That's the exact reason why Rias and I are engaged in the first place.

"So Y/N, what are you thinking about entering school soon?"

"I think it will be interesting. Living in the human realm may be difficult, but I think having the four of you with me will make everything easier." Sona seems to get a tint of pink on her cheeks. "You're the president of the Student Council correct?"

"That is correct, and Tsubaki is serving as the vice president. The rest of my household are first years, like Rias' knight, and they also serve the Student Council with Tsubaki and I. Rias, Akeno, and Kiba are the Occult Research Club." That sounds interesting. "You'll be able to act as you wish, being your own person."

"Of course, though I desire to help you all since I'm here." Sona gives me a warm look.

"I'm glad Y/N. Even coming from the house of Phenex you look to help everybody else. The other members of your family would probably deem you insane." We make it to what appears to be the main part of town, and looking around the area looks really nice. There are many stores around, and I make sure to mentally note where the grocery stores are for Ram and Rem. The town isn't that big but it's still very nice, and it seems like a place that I'll enjoy living in.