Into the Fire

Dinnertime has arrived in the home of Y/N Phenex. Akame has introduced herself to Ram and the four of us are now eating dinner. It's rather quiet but I'm not against it. Once finished I see something on the counter flashing and I realize it's the communicator from the Archduke. There's a stray in the area and I'm being given a chance to take it out.

"Hey Akame," I say to my Knight. "You wanna see what I've got? There's a stray ready to be sent back to hell if you want to see my abilities." She nods and I don my battle armor before teleporting. We arrive in an old warehouse and I know it's going to be a mess. I ready some Hell Fire in my hands and try to sense where the devil is. "GET OVER HERE!"

The devil approaches and starts slow clapping. "You're that little Phenex bastard aren't you? I'll be doing the underworld a favor by getting rid of you." I dash towards him and with one swift kick hit him in the gut. He keels over and my flames burn him alive.

"Any last words before you repent?" He spits blood and I finish him off. "That was boring, I was wanting more of a challenge." Akame looks at me bored and we teleport back home.

"That was quick," Rem notes.

"It was easy. I'm off to bed, you all have a good night." I lay down and see a text from Sona.

Mind if I come over?

I respond with a quick go ahead and she teleports in. "You must really be into me," I joke. "It makes sense though." She notices that my shirt is off and starts blushing madly.

"I don't know if I'll be able to sleep alone tonight," she tells me. "Ever since last night my mind is so scrambled and you're not helping it. I figure it only fair for you to hold me as I go to sleep, since you are my boyfriend now." That was out of nowhere, especially for Sona.

"Alright, sounds good to me." She lays down and my arms go around her. This is the first time I've seen her without her glasses on, but honestly I think she looks cuter with them.

"So when are you going to tell your family?"

"That's what I'm apprehensive about," I respond. "I'm worried that because it's you that they'll spin it to think I'm just getting with you for the power of the Sitri name instead of the Gremory name. If I could leave behind these shackles placed onto me by being a Phenex I would be glad to. It seems like all my family wants is for me to seize more power." I look down to Sona. "You're worth much more than power in my mind."

"Thanks Y/N." It seems like she's regained her composure from earlier. "I bet my parents would be okay with me being with you. A lot of people like that you're different than the rest of your family, though obviously they don't say that."

"Boy don't I know." Everyone always kisses my Father's ass because they think he will give them something. I mean yeah we are the richest family in the underworld but having those riches attracts a lot of bad people. "I'm just glad that I'm able to disconnect from it with you."

"That's how it should be. Of course I know you're still proud of being a Phenex and I feel the same way about my family, but it seems like it's such a defining trait for us all. You, me, and Rias should be allowed to grow on our own without having our names shoved down our throats."

"Yeah, but let's not drag this down by talking about it." Sona nods and I lean my head on hers. "This would be nice to go to sleep to every night. I could get used to this." Sona rolls her eyes.

"You're a dork, but I like that."

"You'd probably like to know that Serafall said she would've taken me for herself if I was interested." I can tell Sona is annoyed.