Merry christmas (NB reader)

You walked with your boyfriend down the alleyways, avoiding crowded places until you got the place you wanted. You walked through the entrance and came up to your apartment. This year instead of spending Christmas alone you wanted to try and spend it with your boyfriend. You've only been dating for a couple of months so this is something fairly new to you but you like to think that you tried your best.

You held his gloved hand as you led him into your apartment. You opened the door to reveal a rather empty apartment with a few small decorations dotted around the place. A small Christmas tree on the coffee table and some lights around the room and over the walls. You let go of Tomura's hand and spun on your heel as you held your hands in the air as if to present to him what you had prepared. You opened your eyes but instantly your smile faded as you realized he wasn't getting as much enjoyment out of it as you were.

Maybe he just needed a bit of encouraging? You decided it would be nice if he was to get the feel for what you thought was a proper Christmas. You started with gifts. Showing him to the couch, you got him to sit next to you, and you passed him a small present. He looked from you to the present and back to you, finishing with a weird expression.

"It's a Christmas gift," you smiled.

"It's December 24th."

"Then it's an early Christmas gift," you smiled, but noticed he was about to say something else so you cut him off before he could say it, "Just open the present, Tomura."

Giving a sigh, he glanced at you with a sassy expression as he took off one of his gloves and touched his fingers to the wrapping paper gently. The wrapping paper decayed right before your eyes, revealing the new leather gloves you had bought him, something much classier and menacing than some of the other gloves he owned. He put his new gloves to the side and picked up his old one to put it back on.

You really tried to enjoy Christmas Eve with him for the rest of the evening but it was so hard when he acted disgruntled to find any joy. You ended up having to talk to him about it.

"Tomura, I get the feeling that you actually don't want to be here to spend Christmas with me," you confronted him. "Christmas is meant to be the time that you take off and make sure you have fun times with your family and friends. It's not meant to be something you take really seriously."

He scratched his head, a tell-tale sign he was looking for an answer that wouldn't hurt you.

"(Y/N)," he sighed, and you braced yourself for the worst, "I never really got into the spirit of Christmas since it wasn't something my family did. And ever since what happened, I didn't really have anyone to celebrate it with anyway. I don't even know how to do Christmas properly."

"Well, what if I show you? Would you be willing to at least give it a try?"

He gave you a small nod as he slumped back in his chair. You reached for his hand and gave it a small squeeze as you mouthed the words thank you to him.

You two spent the next few hours talking about popular Christmas traditions. Things like how a family would usually get up in the morning and spend time opening presents together, sharing what they got, thanking the people that they're from. Then they might go to lunch to spend time with their extended family eating traditional lunches. After that, they could go to a party where there are even more traditions. Traditions like Secret Santa where you get a present but you don't know who it's from and mistletoe, if you stand under it you have to kiss a person.

Tomura seemed shocked by all this, he never knew there were so many rules he had to follow just to have a holiday. By the end of the night, you both seemed exhausted so you just decided to go to bed. You gave up on trying to have a decent Christmas with your boyfriend.

Later, he crawled into bed with you. He pushed a strand of your (H/C) hairs out of your beautiful (E/C) orbs and planted a kiss on your forehead before you both drifted off to sleep.

( bonus ❤️❤️❤️)

You groaned as you felt an absence next to you in bed. You rubbed your hand around the bed but couldn't seem to find Shigaraki anywhere near. Forcing your eyes open you winced at the bright lights around you. As you adjusted to the brightness you started to notice more decorations were up that what you had put up yesterday. Sitting up out of bed you caught a glimpse through the doorframe of your boyfriend walking from the kitchen to the lounge carrying what looked like some wires. You yawned as you swung your feet out of bed and started walking towards the door.

You reached the door just in time for Tomura to notice you. He walked over, placing his box of things down as he came over to hug you. Looking a little nervous he leaned in for a kiss and planted a harsh one against your soft lips.

"What has gotten into you?" You were so curious.

"Tradition," he smiled as he waved towards the top of the doorframe. There you could see a small piece of mistletoe hanging from the door – well, to be honest, it was more haphazardly taped than hanging.

Taking your hand now he led you over to the lounge where he had tried to wrap a few presents for you. Taking his old gloves off and putting the ones you gave him yesterday on, he passed you one of the smaller gifts. You unwrapped it gently to reveal 3 small photos, worn around the edges, tied with a ribbon. They were the photos of you and him, photos that you loved. Tears welled in your eyes as you jumped onto him to hug him.

"I thought about what you said yesterday," he started. He rubbed your back as you talked and you took this opportunity to crawl closer to him so he could embrace you in a proper hug. "Just because I didn't have the right Christmasses before doesn't give me the right to say no to Christmas altogether. I want to start Christmas again, with you, doing it right this time."

Breaking away you planted one more kiss onto his lips before leaning back in to cuddle him for a few more minutes before you continued opening presents.

Spending the day with Tomura was brilliant but the night was even better. You sat with him by the fire, cuddling close to him to stay even warmer. You talked for ages as you both watched the fire die out slowly. You could both agree that this was by far the best Christmas you two had spent with each other. But now that Tomura knew how to plan and act for Christmas he was going to make sure next year's Christmas was unforgettable.