Doubt (fem-reader)

Angsty- fluff

Tomura woke up in the middle of the night. It was still really dark in the bedroom except for the small night light. He could feel arms still wrapped around him. He ever so slightly looked over his shoulder and saw her still asleep. Her lips were parted a tad bit and her eyes were gently closed.

Tomura had a tendency to forget that she was there. It wasn't that he didn't care, but he still couldn't get used to someone being in bed with him. And touching him. She always touched him.

As best as he could, Tomura wiggled out of her grasp without waking her. Her arms limply fell onto the bed and she still didn't stir. Tomura stumbled into the bathroom. He didn't bother to turn on the light. It would only hurt his eyes.

He grabbed the edge of the sink, his knuckles turning even whiter with his grip. Tomura glanced at himself in the mirror. His grey hair was a mess. His eyes were no better; sad, bitter, pathetic. He looked like hell. And yet somehow there was a girl in his bed that wanted to be with him. Video games had teased him with the concept of a relationship, but they never prepared him for the possibility of it actually happening in real life. And nothing could prepare him for the depressing matter of never being able to touch her the way he wanted to.

His Quirk was great for a villain like himself. All he had to do was touch something and it would disintegrate into dust. But he couldn't touch her. It would kill her. The only person that looked past all his shitty traits would be gone if he placed a hand on her.

Tomura gripped the sink tighter, looking away from the mirror so he didn't have to see his disgraceful self. He started biting at his bottom lip, his anxious habits coming back a little. Why did it have to be him? Why not someone else? Everything was fine until he met her. Now his Quirk was a burden.

All Tomura wanted was to put his hands on her pretty skin. He wanted to hold her in his arms with his hands on her back and woven in her hair. He wanted to hold her face and kiss her like he saw in otome games. He wanted to grab her hips and hungrily pull her body to his.

It made him so angry that he couldn't do it. A quiet rage was building in him. There was nothing he could do to stop it. What felt like hot tears started spilling over and rolling down his cheeks.

The soft sound of tiny footsteps hit his ears.

"Mmm...Tomura..." He heard her voice behind him. Before he could turn to look at her, she wrapped her arms around his waist and pressed her face into his back. Tomura simply felt shocked. He'd been getting angry over her, and now here she was, holding him.

"What's wrong?" She asked softly, her hands bunching up his shirt. Tomura's heart was beating wildly. He couldn't deal with this anxiety right now. He just couldn't. The timing was so bad.

"I don't like this. I hate it." Tomura muttered as a response. He stared down at his hands. "I hate myself."

A sigh came from her. Her hands dropped only for one to tug his shirt towards her, instructing him to turn. He complied, releasing the sink and turning to face his small, sleepy lover.

She was squinting at him which she often did when it was dark. And she was still holding onto his shirt. It was a rather precious sight. "Why, Tomura?" She asked.

Tomura reached up and scratched his neck. "I can't touch you. All I want is to touch you and I fucking can't." He dug his dull nails into his skin.

She looked at him with sad eyes. She understood entirely. She wanted his hands on her all the time, but she couldn't have that. And it was okay because there was more to the relationship than just physical things.

She reached her hands up and took his face in them. She stood on her tiptoes and gently pressed her lips to the small scar on his mouth. Tomura shuddered. Before she could move back, he leaned in and captured her lips with his. She kissed him back, pressing into him until he stepped back and bumped into the sink. Tomura held onto the sink, a smile forming on his lips as they kissed.

She finally pulled away, a little breathless. "Tomura, I love you, okay? I don't care if you can't touch me. That doesn't matter to me." She told him, more serious and awake now. "What matters is being with you. This is all I want."

Tomura stared at her, unsure of what to say exactly. He watched her, taking in her emotional appearance. "I'm sorry." He finally said, sighing heavily and pushing away from the sink.

She shook her head, her hand finding its way to his hip. She slipped it under his black shirt, running it gently over his bare skin. Tomura shivered, a tiny sigh escaping him. The feeling of her fingers soothed him.

"Don't worry about all of this. Just come back to bed with me." She gave him a pleading look. He couldn't say no to her. So he nodded, allowing her to drag him by the front of his shirt back to bed. She crawled in first and waited patiently for him to join her. Tomura slipped under the blanket and nudged her onto her side so he could curl his body around hers. He pressed his lips to the side of her neck.

"Goodnight."