fatally (nb reader)

💔💔💔💔💔💔💔  Angst 💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

The mission wasn't supposed to be easy. There were an enormous number of risks that came with it.

        "YN!"

        You had fought so hard to go with him, arguing every point and saying that you wanted to stay by his side. Impatience had won in the end, and in a fate-sealing way, your wish had been granted.

        "Fine, you can come. But if you're ass gets blown up, don't come cryin' to me."
        It was only supposed to be a joke. A little jab at you to show just how much he really wished you hadn't joined the mission.

        They were blowing up a warehouse heroes used to hold supplies. First aid kits, medicine, anything else they would have needed in case the League of Villains had struck in a dangerous way. Decidedly, the group wasn't too fond of the heroes possibly having an upper hand in the event of one of their attacks, so they struck.

        "AHH!"

        It was an ambush. Not even from heroes bound to a code to preserve all life, but from the country's army. Soldiers trained to kill had flooded the enormous warehouse, firing at every moving target in their range until they had all fled.

        You were one of the few they hit.

        "YN!" Shigaraki cried out your name once more, pushing past fallen shelves and barely managing not to trip on the pill bottles they previously held. He followed your moans of pain, sprinting in the general direction of where they originated, along with where he had seen the flash of orange.

        Fired bullets echoed through the hollow building, bouncing off the metal walls and filling his ears as he searched for you.

        There. Trapped under a tipped forklift, you whined, banging against the machine with a hopeless desperation Shigaraki had never seen before. It drove a sliver of fear through his heart as he crashed to his knees beside you, barely holding back his own tears at the sight of your crushed legs.

        The angle at which they were bent was so wrong. Your knees had caved in on themselves, curving in a direct opposite way of how they should. Blood pooled on the floor beneath your thighs, directly where shattered glass from the machinery's windshield had impaled your flesh.

        Your hands were shaking, covered in your own vital fluid as you let out strangled cries, pawing so desperately at the too-heavy weight.

        "YN! YN, look at me!" Shigaraki's hands were trembling just as much, each finger begging to scratch at his neck in a nervous twitch. It was like he didn't know what to do with them; first, he hovered them over your legs, then the weight above them, then finally on your face as he directed it to his.

        "It hurts," you wailed, banging your head against the concrete floor below. Hot tears trailed down your face, and in the distance, the other villains tried to fend off the army soldiers.

        There were just too many.

        Shigaraki was at an age now where he knew when a battle had been lost. Everyone would have to flee and recover before the next attack on the heroes. But shit-- he had to get you out of here first.

        "Shh," he hushed, scrambling for more words. He didn't want to feed you-- or himself-- lies. "It's- you're-" he choked on a sudden weight in his throat. Something like a snake coiled around his stomach, tightening and tightening until he couldn't speak anymore.

        In situations where Shigaraki lost his composure, you were always the one to take over for him. You were the one in your relationship that kept a level head, spoke with slow words, and always calmed him down.