Why do fools fall in love (nb-reader)

Title Credits; @amenkokun

It was a pretty normal day for you. You were just sitting on the bed cuddling into your boyfriend while he was playing some new video game.

Days like these were rare since Shigaraki basically used up all his time making up plans and finding new recruits so you treasured times like these where it was just you two.

He was super focused on the screen, slowly getting more and more agitated since he'd been stuck on the same level for a while.

Wanting to keep his good mood you snuggled into him further and felt him loosen up a little. You decide to ask him to take a nap with you since you were "tired".

He told you that he'd quit after a few more rounds. You obviously knew that wasn't gonna be the case so you decided to use the puppy dog eyes
He begrudgingly agreed and now here you guys were just lying in each others arms. His breathing evened out and you thought he fell asleep so you decided to take the time to admire your boyfriend. You started talking to no one in particular not knowing he was still listening to your rambles.

"You're so pretty you know? I probably don't say it enough but you make me really happy, Shig. I'm really glad I met you. I-I love you."
When he heard those three words he couldn't stop himself from reacting. His eyes shot open and he sat up and stared right into yours.

He could see so many different emotions pass through all at once but the most noticeable was fear. You were scared—terrified even, you've been holding off from saying it since you didn't wanna rush things and it just came stumbling out.

He was speechless. Never in his life had he expected anyone to love him. He was a villain, a murder and his quirk could literally kill you at any moment yet here you were trusting him with everything you've got.

"Did... did you just-"
"I'm sorry you don't have to say it back. I just really wanted to show you that I cared and I didn't know how else to put it into words. Saying I like you isn't enough because what I feel is so much more than that. I wanted to show you that I'm sure of this—of us. You mean the world to me and I need you to know that I love you, Tomura Shigaraki, with all of me.

You looked up at him and saw his shocked expression. He pulled you into his chest in a crushing hug and said the words you'd been dying to hear. In a shaky voice he said "I love you too"
He tried to say more, tried to tell you how every day and every night all he could think of was you, how he knows you could do so much better than him, how he could never imagine himself with anyone else but no words came out.

You could sense that he wanted to say more but you already heard everything you needed to hear.
"I know what you're gonna say and you don't have to. Okay? we can wait until you're ready. You don't need to push yourself to tell me you love me, you already show me everyday that you do."

You slowly lied back down on the bed and pulled him to your chest. You stayed in a comfortable silence just being content in each other's presence
While this was happening Shigaraki felt different somehow. He felt this warm feeling in his chest and he didn't know what it was but he never wanted it to leave. He held you tighter as you feel asleep in each other's arms

———————————————————————————
Request are open feel free to request a story/headcanons.

Everything is allowed