Chapter Thirty Seven - Bewitched Part 4 -

Angelo's P.O.V.

Earlier

"We can't just show up at a vamp hideout with nothing. That's just committing suicide." Rain spoke, halting me from walking out the front door. Shes right. I'm so caught up with the thought of Jewels that I'm not thinking strategically. I hope shes alright.

We need to hurry. Aalto reminded.

We rushed to the small arsenal we have in the basement of the pack house. Guards stood there but one look at me, they moved over, not looking me in the eye. The arsenal resembled the style of a library, but instead of books there are shelves full of metal boxes containing different types of weapons for different types of supernatural creatures. We ran down to one of the last rows: weapons against Vampires. All the guns here contain wooden bullets and some are drenched in holy water for those vampires that associated with demons.

"I call the stakes." Lucas yells as picks up a belt pouch and then hurriedly opens a box containing them. The mention of a stake brought me the memory of when Lucas staked Jewels in the chest through the back. I remember the raw anger I felt towards Lucas. I punched him so hard he fell and hit his head against the kitchen tiles. He had a concussion for days. It would have been worse but then Rain came and forced be to worry about my mate and forget Lucas for the night. That was so long ago but it feels like that happened days ago.

"I'll stick with a pistol. No need to be dramatic Lucas." Rain says, rolling her eyes. I joined her. We put on the belt and filled them with ammunition and two pistols.

"Dramatic?"

"Yes. You think we are going to walk in there and run yelling 'This is Sparta' and stake every vamp we see."

Lucas turns his head, eyebrows furrowed. "Why the fuck not?"

I sighed heavily, waiting for them to finish. "Can we go? The plan is to kill a few and then others will feel threatened and run. Most of the vamps we'll encounter are going to be drunk from overfeeding. Remember, the building disguises a 'vamp club' and within the walls, the vamp council." I remember the place because when I was younger, my father had to go out there to make deals and treaties with the clan. He would sometimes bring me, since my mother was always drunk off her mind.

"And if they don't run?" Rain questions. We were making our way out of the basement.

"Then we go with Lucas' plan."

"Fuck yes!"

~

The abandon building wasn't that far from the pack boarders. I insisted on running there, less time, less traffic.

"Alright. The ones that aren't drunk have probably already smelled us. We need to hurry. Kill who you can and then we meet at the big door. You can't miss it. Got it?" I demanded, my eyes darkening at the thought of my mate possibly being hurt, both emotionally and physically.

"Got it." Rain and Lucas reply. I look at them. I could have gotten more wolves, possible could have told my father but he has always encouraged leadership. I'm old enough to make smart choices for my soon to be pack. If I would have gathered more wolves, the clan will see this as an attack and possibly may lead to broken agreements and a war. That isn't what we want. I just want my family and then leave. Jewels and Maya, I'm coming.

We sprinted in, breaking the door in the process. It was dark. The only light source coming from what looks to be a dance floor. The music was loud, so loud I couldn't ignore it, couldn't block it out. Only three vamps saw us. We lunged. From there, everything was fast. We probably only killed seven vamps each before the mass of people ran out. They were too drunk to understand what was happening, nor how to react.