Chapter Twenty Three - Appointment -

The week seemed to fly by and before I knew it, it was Friday. The nerves were unending. 

'Appointment with Ravnos has been set. Show up at East Wood train station on Friday at sunset. If you're a minute late, you will wish to have died. Don't respond back -Charlton'

I kept reading the message over and over again. I have never encountered or met a clan before. I only heard of them. There are fourteen clans out there in the world. I don't know their names nor did I even care, until now. Why do they even want to meet me? I haven't broken any laws, I haven't made myself known in the vamp world. I've spent the last three hundred years under the radar, so why me?

"Bye Juju!" Maya yelled as she skipped her friend, Crystal, and Mrs. Cruz, who both stood in front of the door, waiting. Mrs. Cruz waved.

"How are you, mamita?" She yelled to me after she hugged Maya. The two little girls giggled before running inside the house. I rolled down my window and took my shades off.

"I've been great. I see you got Mr. Cruz to mow the lawn." She threw her head back and laughed. The Cruz were a small, Spanish family, Crystal being an only child. They were very friendly and welcoming.

"Ah, yes! Hes such a lazy potato. I had to blackmail him!" She told me, her thick accent showing through. "Mamita, wanna stay for dinner?" She asked, putting her hands in the pockets of her apron. 

"Not today, Mrs. Cruz. I'll pick up Maya tomorrow around noon." 

She gave me a small smile, agreeing before waving goodbye and going inside. Mrs. Cruz reminded me of a tribe member who used to take care of me. Since my mother died and my father was always busy, I was assign various caretakers. They were always kind and loving, maybe it was because as a child, I was snitch. I would tell my father everything I saw, heard and smelled no matter how small. I never had many friends due to that.

I was almost arriving to East worod train station when I heard my phone ring. I sighed, closing my eyes tightly. I knew it was going to be Angelo. I just crossed his territory border. He must have been notified. 

"He-"

"Where are you going?" He cut me off. I could hear him breathe hard. 

"Out."

"Jewels" He said sternly. He wasn't playing any games. That made me smile. I could just picture his dark eyes narrowing as he scowled. That was his mad face. I've seen it several times but it was never directed toward me, well until now.

"Don't worry. I'll be back later tonight." Hopefully. He was silent for a few seconds, slightly worrying me. "Angelo, I'll be back." I told him, parking outside a building that was across the train station. 

"Okay. Call me when you're done doing God knows what." He said before hanging up. I frowned. It was obvious that he was mad but did he have to be rude about it? Frustrated, I sent him a text:

'Just because you have one doesn't mean should act like a dick.' 

I got out the car, locking it before walking to the train station. It was almost 6pm. It was going to be dark soon. I bit my lip when I heard the ring of an incoming text. 

'Just because you have one doesn't mean you should run like a pussy.' 

What the hell, Angelo? It took most of my self discipline to control myself and not text back, cussing him out in all the languages I know. Right now I had more important problems to take care of. 

I didn't I have to wait long before a black Bugatti drove up. The tinted black windows rolled down. It was Charlton. He tilted his head, gesturing for me to get in the car. 

~

"Where exactly are we going?" I finally asked, no longer taking the silence that filled the car. My eyes met his on the rear view mirror. 

"That, you can't know. Just enjoy the ride." He said with a smirk on his face causing me to scowl. He pulled up to an abandoned factory. One I saw when Maya and I drove by to move into our new home.

"An abandon factory? Why am I not surprised?" I muttered, getting out the car. Charlton rolled his eyes before putting on his shades. I wondered why since it was dark out. 

"Keep those comments to yourself when you're in front of the panel." He warned before taking my arm, steering me into the building. Am I suppose to be afraid of their panel? If yes, well sorry to disappoint but I'm not. Clans are similar to packs. They're just a group of vamps with a name. How scary.

I didn't know what to expect on entering the building but seeing people laugh as they drank was not it. The place looked a human dance club! The 'bar' was packed, and the smell of fresh human blood in their glasses was the most prominent smell. I gulped. I might be in trouble here if I stay here long. 

Charlton steered me passed the dancing vamps, who didn't notice me walk in. They minded their business as they enjoyed themselves. This is odd. No one looked at me, not that I wanted to be looked at in the first place. I doubt that they even smelled me. "Come on," Charlton whispered before walking down a narrow hallway. The black cement walls held pictures of who I assumed were clan members. None of them stood out to be. Their dull smiles and dark blooded eyes made me roll my eyes. 

We reached a large, cherry wood door. "Just walk in, look at them in the eyes and answer their questions." Charlton told me, letting go of my arm. I frowned. 

"You're not coming?" I asked. 

He shook his head. "I've completed my task, bringing you here. Now you're on your own." He told me, looking away. I breathed out. Okay. Just go in and go out. But why were they questioning me? One way to find out. 

The creak of the door as it opened made me cringe. The lighting in the room was dim and the sound of hushed voices made my ears pike up. Charlton closed the door behind me making me glare at the now closed and locked doors. 

"Come on, come on. We don't bite." A deep male voice called, erupting a roar of laughter from a group of who I think is the panel. I made my way in, seeing a group of men around a round table. Dark eyes took me in. "Welcome, Winona!" The same man shouted, causing everyone to clap. But I was not paying attention to them. My eyes landed on a blond hair that was tied up near the corner of the room. My eyes widen. 

"Lucas!"