Chapter Thirty One - Jade green and unstoppable heats -

AN: I'm alive, I can assure you. I needed a break from writing and well everything.

A month ago, it felt like writing this book was something I HAD to do instead of something I WANTED to do. I've was trying too hard to please you all and I wasn't having any fun at all.

But now, after a long talk with my mother (lol) things are going to change. I'm going to write what I WANT and write when I WANT. This book is for me not for anyone else.

Sorry if that sounded bad but I wanted to be honest. Anyways, I will give you guys a little recap before the chapter starts.

~

Jewels - Main character, 500+ year old vamp

Angelo - Jewels' mate. Future Alpha of his pack

Maya - Jewels' adoptive daughter. She is a hyper seven year old.

Rain - Angelo's and Miranda' sister, Lucas' mate. She is also Jewels one and only best friend

Lucas - Angelo's best friend, Rain's mate. He is also the future beta of his pack

Recap: Jewels is going through bloodlust. She marked Angelo accidentally when drinking from him, but she doesn't want him to mark her. Ravnos, a clan of vampires wants her to join them, but Jewels is ify about it. She is now at the pack house with Maya and recently met Angelo's alcoholic mom.

~

I played with Angelo's hair as he stood between my legs, snuggling his head into my neck. I was sitting on a stool, next to the kitchen island.

"Your mom is...uh pretty interesting..." I noted, thinking back to the brunette with hazel eyes who was drinking wine at 8 am. Liz. She had features that were oddly familiar. Her high and defined cheekbone were the only physical feature that stood out to me because it wasn't common.

Angelo snorted. "More like a drunk." His comment answered my unvoiced question: Is Liz an alcoholic? "That woman always has a glass or bottle in hand." By his tone, I could tell that his mom's alcoholism really affected him growing up. Did it affect Rain too? Miranda? I furrowed my eyebrows thinking about Miranda. I haven't heard from her since I told her I was Angelo's mate.

When I heard quick but soft footsteps coming our way, I pushed Angelo a little, getting off the stool. "Juju! Where is my water?!"

I bit my lip as I looked at a fuming Maya. Her cheeks were getting red as she crossed her arms. "Uh, Angelo? Can I have a drink of water?" I turned to look at him, smiling as I saw him trying to stifle a laugh.

"Sure. Make yourself at home." He told me before taking a step towards Maya. "Hey Princess."

"Hi, Jelo."

As I struggled to find where the cups were held, Angelo and Maya played a game of tag. I secretly hoped they didn't break anything. "Here, Maya." I told her when I finally found a glass and filled it with water.

"Finally!" She dramatically shouted, a little out of breath as she ran around the counter.

As she gulped the water down, Angelo wrapped his arms around me from behind. "So, what should we do today?"

"Can we go swimming? I reaaalllyy want to go! Please!" Maya pleaded. Angelo looked at me, shrugging.

"Doesn't bother me. Lets go. We have a pool out back."

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh! This one is good!" Rain squealed, digging out a bathing suit from her drawer. I groaned.