Chapter Twenty Six - Bloodlust -

Waking up feeling warm and content is an addicted feeling. It gave me a sense of reassurance and for the first time in a while, I dreamt. But the thing is, I don't remember what I dreamt about. How fortunate. I know one thing though: it wasn't flashbacks of my old life nor was it an "into the future" type of dream. It was odd, and I didn't like it. Did it had to do with Ravnos?

As I laid on my bed, I couldn't help but welcome the feeling of anxiousness and confusion. Alec said he was going to give me time to think about the offer of joining the clan, but how much time? Days? Weeks? I didn't see anything good in joining the clan and what about Maya? Maya doesn't know anything about the supernatural world. She believes mermaids are real because Ariel from The Little Mermaid visited her in a dream or something. Other than childish nonsense, Maya is oblivious to the danger and dark truths of what and who roams the soil she walks on.

But I knew I was going to have to tell her soon. I can't lie to her for the rest of her life. I don't know how long I can keep secrets from her. I want to be the one to tell her everything. I don't want her finding out by some wolf at school or if she over hears a conversation she shouldn't.

What do you do in a clan anyway? Do I get like a specific role or... would anything be the same? Would life go on as normal?

"Babe," Angelo's worried tone pulled me out of my thoughts. I jerked my head to the side to see Angelo coming out the bathroom. I gulped. His bare chest made me gulp. His well sculpted body was any girl's wet dream. He was so gloriously beautiful. "Are you thinking about the clan?" I sighed, bringing a pillow to my face. I couldn't look at him any longer without drooling. I breathes out a muffled 'yes'.

I heard him making his way to me. "Hey," I felt the bed dip causing my breath to hitch. "worry about it later." He told me as he took away the pillow from my face. I sighed heavily, my eyes still closed. "Why aren't you looking at me?" Angelo asked. I knew by the tone of his voice that he was frowning. I didn't say anything. Worry about it later? I don't know when I am suppose to respond back! Clans are shady. And Ravnos isn't an exception.

"I can't look at you."

"Why not?"

"I'll melt."

I wasn't lying. Looking at a half naked Angelo was bittersweet; its heaven and hell all in one. Angelo laughed loudly. I opened my eyes to see him throw his head back. A smile broke out on my face. I loved seeing him like this, so carefree. it was such a magnificent view; he was a magnificent view.

"That was so cheesy!" Angelo breathed out, still laughing.

I sat up, crossed my arms, pretending to me mad. "That was so cheesy" I mocked. When he stopped laughing, he laid down next to me.

"Don't be mad, little red." He told me, amusement filling his eyes. I don't know what it was about this moment, but a surge of hunger filled me. My eyesight started to sharpen as the air around me tensed. I had a strong craving for blood, and I knew I wouldn't function correctly without it. Like if I was on fire, I jumped out of bed.

Angelo must have seen the hunger in my eyes because he asked what was wrong. I started to breathe heavily as I heard his blood pumping. I inhaled, closing my eyes tightly. His scent, pine cones and mint, was almost suffocating. "What's wrong?"

"Uh.." I leaned against the farthest wall from him. "just give me a moment." I told him. Maybe this will go away. My throat was burning as my focus shifted. I counldn't even look at him. For the first time in centuries, I was embarrassed of the hunger. I was embarrassed of letting Angelo see this side of me; I didn't want him to see how uncontrollable I was at the moment. I clenched my hands into fists. Please don't come any closer. I looked at Angelo, surprised to see him concerned instead of disgusted. The veins near my eyes were probably popping out of my skin, my eyes a red haze. "Jewels," I read my name off his lips. My gums began to ache. I need to feed. I considered maybe going hunting but I knew Angelo would follow. Feeling the hunger, I knew the hunt wasn't going to go nice and clean as it usually did.

Angelo began to make his way to me. Alerted, I put my hand up to stop him. "Don't. Just don't. Give me a moment, dammit!" My breathing was erratic. His scent was overwhelming me.

"You're hungry, aren't you?" Angelo asked, cautiously stepping toward me. I gulped. Why ask questions you knew the answers to? Something flashed across his eyes. My hands clenched harder as my eyes closed tightly. "Feed from me."

My eyes slammed open and my breath hitched. Feed from him? Was he crazy? Even though a part of me wanted to strangle him for making such suggestions, another part wanted to devour him. I licked my lips. Angelo came closer to me; his bare chest and moist lips didn't help control this hunger. But it was different. The hunger wasn't an "I want blood, I need to kill" hunger. I couldn't explain it.

Angelo held up his arm and bent his wrist a little. I heard his blood pump through his veins. I closed my eyes slowly. Hearing it was heaven; smelling him is heaven; he is heaven.

Like if a light bulb went on in my head, my eyes widen. "Bloodlust" I whispered, feeling like an idiot for not knowing. I heard about this before but it was so many years ago...

Bloodlust isn't just a kill for thirst and be satisfied. No. It is an unending blood thirst with a hint of sexual lust. Only older vamps went through it. It lasts for a week. A week of unending thirst... Is this what I'm experiencing?

"Bloodlust?" Angelo questioned, confusion clear on his face. I bit my lip and nodded. "It sounds serious." He noted.

"I don't know if that's what I'm experiencing but it sure hell feels like it." I told him, my voice hoarse.

Angelo flicked his wrist, that was still in front of my face. His eyes told me that he was serious about before. He wanted me to drink from him. Not thinking straight, I placed both of my cold hands on his warm wrist. I felt my fangs extract as I put his wrist in the right position. I heard his heartbeat beating fast. Before I can back out, my fangs pierced his skin.

His taste made me slightly dizzy as I moaned in pleasure. This moment was indescribable. My eyes met Angelo's, whose eyes darkened. His sweet blood was pouring out his wrist like a fountain. I bit into his wrist harder, losing control of myself in his delicious taste.

I heard a faint groan of pleasure leave Angelo's mouth. The more I drank, the cloudy haze of thirst was slowly disappearing, to the point where I found the control on me to pull away.

When I pulled my fangs in, I saw something on Angelo's wrist. A mark. On his wrist was small writing in a language I haven't seen since death.

"What is that?" whispered Angelo.

"It says Winona, your officially mine."