Chapter Six - Snow

For once in my entire exist, I felt complete. Everything felt so perfectso right. His lips were warm against my cold ones. The kiss was slow but firm. Everything around me was blurry, nonexistent. I couldn't hear anything but the pounding of his heart. I couldn't feel anything but his lips and the endless heat of his skin on mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck without realizing it, almost on instinct. I didn't want the heat to stop. I didn't want anything to stop. The kiss got firmer, more urgent. I wanted more. This wasn't enough. Before we can deepen the kiss, we heard two voices giggling and a saw the flash of a camera. 

I removed myself from Angelo making him whine in protest to see Rain and Maya standing there with a camera in hand. I gaped. Maya, seeing the shock and embarrassment on my face said: "It was just two pictures, Juju." She gave me a big, cheeky smile, one that usually makes me melt but it wasn't working this time. I scowled causing her eyes to widen and in less than five seconds she began to run, clutching Rain's hand. Rain, being such a little girl at heart, started to chant 'you can't catch me, ha ha!' I wasn't really mad. But I was irritated. I don't like getting pictures taken, never had and never will. But I knew Rain and Maya's intentions were harmless. I playfully started chasing after them in a regular human speed.

They ran around the living room and dinning room, catching them off guard when I jumped over the dining table and stumbled into them. We all fell, but using my vampire speed and reflexes, I pulled Maya on top of me, so she wouldn't get hurt. "That was so much fun!" She yelled as she stood up. Rain and I laughed.  

Our little moment was interrupted when Angelo and Lucas came in with our plates. When my eyes met Angelo, I gave him a small smile, remembering what happened in the kitchen. I didn't regret the kiss, I just wished... 

"Mhmm. This is good." Rain moaned as she took a bite of her Alfredo. 

"I made it all by myself!" Maya gushed. That lying little shit. Everyone laughed, obviously knowing that she was lying. I sat next to Rain and Maya, as we laughed and played around. Maya and Rain were playing with their pasta, making funny faces while across the table, Angelo and Lucas were just staring, almost observing. 

~

"That was really delicious. I think its time we leave." Lucas said, sighing in relief when Rain and Angelo started to slide on their jackets. 

"Umm Jewels, my birthday is coming up soon and I was wondering if you and Maya would like to come?" I looked down at Maya, biting my lip. A birthday party? I hate parties with a passion. Too many people around and I could only fake a smile for so long...

"Do you want to?" Rain asked Maya when she doesn't hear a response from me. She smiled nodded really fast, giggling. I could tell she was tired. It was only 7:30, so I could probably make some popcorn and watch a couple of Disney movies with her until she falls asleep. 

"Wait! Rain, do you wanna see my movie collection?" 

"Sure!" Rain and Maya squealed as they ran up the stairs. Lucas glared at me. Again. I don't know what was it. Maybe it was that my tolerance level has reached it's peak, or that I'm tired. But I wasn't about to deal with his crap. 

"Listen, wolfie. I know you don't like me, and the feelings mutual. But how about you grow up and act mature." I said sternly as I walked up to him. His nose flared, like if hes trying to control his anger. I narrowed my eyes. "What's your problem? I didn't do anything to you." 

He glared. "My problem is you. Your goddamn existence! I despise your face, your voice, your smell, your everything. I can't stand you. I don't like you." I blinked. Well that didn't go as I imagined. His words hurt a little but it didn't impact me majorly. Before I could breathe a word, I was pulled back. Angelo's arms wrapped around my waist. 

"Watch it, Lucas. She's my mate." I guess Lucas didn't know because his eyes widen and he gaped. His heartbeat was racing, as his breathing accelerated. 

"She is your mate? The vampire?" He breathed out. But before Angelo could confirm it, Lucas dropped to the floor, unconscious. I sighed. Never thought moving to this town would result in having werewolves over my house. One completely despises me and my existence, and the other is my mate. Ugh, I need blood. And sleep. Lots of sleep.