Chapter Sixteen - Birthday -

I woke up warm, too warm to be exact. Opening my eyes lazily, I was happy to see Angelo's sleeping figure. Seeing him like this made the warmth in my chest spread like wildfire. He look so peaceful and adorably cute. I smiled seeing his puckered lips. I just wanted to kiss him. 

"Little red riding hood caught staring at the big bad wolf, I see." I jumped. He was awake the whole time? I smacked his chest. 

"You scared me! Gosh!" I said, hiding my face in his shirt. He laughed as he wrapped his arms around me. 

"You know you lost yesterday." He stated. What? What was he talking about? He saw the confusion in my face and playfully gaped. "You don't remember?" He points to his lips! Oh shit! I kissed him last night!  "Aww, don't pout baby." He playfully coed. He tried to caress my cheeks but I pulled back. I hated losing. He narrowed his eyes. "Hey! I was the one that won. You owe me." 

"Oh yeah? What do I owe you, wolfy?" 

His eyes darkened. "Unlimited amount of kisses." And before I could responded, he rolled over, his large frame covering me like a blanket. And then endless heat filled me as he kissed me. Over and over and over again.

~

Angelo and I headed down the stairs, hand in hand. I was wearing black spandex shorts under my band tee. Angelo couldn't keep himself off me. He was constantly slapping my ass as I brushed my teeth and french braided my red locks. 

"What time is Rain's birthday party?" I asked. She still hasn't contacted me back. I was worried. Worried for her and our friendship. I wonder what shes doing right now? Was she setting up her party? Or was she helping Miranda? With the mess I made of Miranda, I can bet she was. 

He shrugged, a smirk kissing his lips. "The party starts when I walk into the room." He cockily said, quoting a familiar song lyric that I couldn't recall. I rolled my eyes as we walked into the kitchen. 

"What do you want for breakfast, wolfy?" I asked as I headed to my coffee maker. As I began to prepare to make coffee, Angelo sat at one of the bar chairs. 

"Hmm. What's on the menu, little red?" Ugh, that pet name was starting to annoy me. 

Before I could answer his question, Maya came running in. "Pancakes! Pancakes! I want pancakes, Juju!" Maya yelled as she ran around the island three times. On her fourth turn, I wrapped her in my arms. I placed endless little kisses on the back of her neck. She giggles. "Stop, Juju. That tickles!" 

I placed her on her two small feet. She was wearing her favorite Spongebob pajamas. She looked at Angelo, before a grin appeared on her face. "Angelo!" She ran to him. I got back to making coffee, before getting the ingredients to make pancakes, sausage and eggs. 

"Hi, princess." Angelo pulled Maya into his arms and kissed her forehead. 

"Whatta you doing at my house?" Maya questioned, making me smile.

"Well....I'm here to see the princess!" 

As the two talked, joked and played around as I cooked breakfast. I could hear the Little Mermaid playing in the living room. That is Maya's favorite movie. She would sing along with the songs and make Angelo dance along with her. But he wasn't annoyed. He was actually annoying himself. Seeing him interacting with Maya filled me with pride. He would be an amazing leader. 

~

I looked at myself in the mirror. My red hair was blow dried and curled with a wand. It fell down my back in a mixture of curls and waves. I wore a blood red dress that fell 6 inches above from my knees and hugged me in all the right places. I felt attractive as I applied lipstick and black eye liner. I haven't dresses up for anything in a while. But confidence radiated off me like sunlight. 

I smiled as I saw Angelo behind me in the mirror. His dark eyes moving up and down my body, making me feel a bit self conscious. His dark jeans hung loosely around his hips as a white v neck hugged his defined chest. He looked yummy. 

"You look amazing." He complimented as he hugged me from behind. And I think at that moment, I fell for him. 

~

Maya was sleeping over a friends house over the weekend. Angelo was driving to where ever Rain's party was going to be at. I still haven't heard anything from her. The car ride was quite as we listened to music. But when we arrived, I gaped. I did not know Rain's party was going to be held at the pack house. I instantly felt a little nervous: a house full of werewolves that all hated me. Not good. It all screamed disaster.

Angelo saw how worried I looked and squeezed my hand. "Hey, I'm not leaving your side, okay? Plus, you're stuck with me, remember?" He said as he winked. I chuckled. 

I was still a bit nervous but I decided not to let it dictate my actions. I walked confidently, hand in hand with Angelo, to the front door. The party was at full swing as the loud sound of music blasted through my ears. The horrid smell of alcohol and sweat filled my nostrils, making me narrow my eyes in disgust. Surprisingly, there wasn't many people here. But it still made me feel uneasy. I only took one step into the house before I was engulfed into a tight hug. 

"Jewels! Oh, thank the moon goddess!" Rain's voice filled my ears. I wanted to pull away and slap her for making me worry so much. I wanted to question her on why she hasn't answered any of my calls or texts. But the tone of her voice and the salty smell of tears made me freeze. 

"Rain, what's wrong?" I asked as I pulled away from the hug to see her face. Her eyes were red as she sniffled. 

"Can we talk? In private?" She asked as her eyes shifted slightly to Angelo, who was staring at us curiously. Angelo said he wasn't going to leave my side, but can he for like five minutes? 

He saw that we needed privacy so he said, "I'm going to mingle around the kitchen. When your done, come and find me." He told me before setting a light kiss to my forehead. Rain took my arm, steering me to an unknown destination. People smelled the air before looking at me. Many were disgusted as they glared but they couldn't hide the curiosity that filled their eyes. But then I saw something that almost made me gag. Miranda kissing Lucas. 

"Where are we going?" I asked Rain as she pulled me up the stairs. 

"To my room." She answered quietly. 

I wanted to enlighten the mood. "Babe, I know I'm sexy and all, but isn't this too soon?" I joked as I wiggled my eyebrows. But I was sad to see that it didn't work. Okay, I knew it was lame but couldn't she give me at least a small smile? 

Her room was fairly large, probably as big as my room; purple walls with Christmas lights hanging from the walls. It was so Rain. 

Rain was quiet as she closed the door and sat on her king bed. "What's wrong?" I asked worriedly, as I knelt before her. She was wearing a beautiful aqua blue mini dress and showed her toned legs. The birthday girl looked amazing. 

"I found my mate." She whispered, making my eyes widen. 

"Who is he?" I asked. 

"My sister's boyfriend." She whispered, choking on a sob. Miranda's boyfriend? Who? Before I could question her, she spoke the name I would have never guessed.