Chapter Twelve - Stress free -

I have never thought I would find myself in this situation. This couldn't be real. I felt like this was someone's happy ending at the end of a fairy tale book. My emotions and thoughts were scattered but one thing was clear: I wanted him. I needed him. And it wasn't because I lusted after him, even though I do. It wasn't because of this whole mate thing, even though it's part of it. But it was because he made me feel. Meeting him has brought me a tornado of feelings and emotions. I have felt so many things these last two days than I have in a lifetime. And if I was given something this good, this wonderful, I was certainly not going to let this go.

I took the pink flower, hope and excitement shining in his eyes. I smiled. "I'm surprised you could be civil, wolfy." I joked as I took a step in his direction. I was inches away from him. His heartbeat was accelerating. "I would love to." I breathed out. I wanted him to be mine as I, his. I didn't want to play any games. He was my mate, werewolf or not. I can't deny it and I don't want to anymore.

I stared up at him, his normal dark brown eyes looked lighter, happier. I craved his warmth. And without a thought, I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and placed my lips on his. The kiss was soft and slow, a start to a beginning.

"You know, now you're stuck with me." Angelo declared as he leaned his forehead on mine.

I chuckled. "Oh yeah? Well, you're stuck with me too." Our lines were so cheesy, but I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

~
"I feel useless." Angelo complained as he leaned against the counter next to me.

"Pass me the parsley." I told Angelo as I seasoned the steaks. It was weird to share my kitchen with someone that wasn't Maya. We decided to have dinner at my place because neither one of us wanted to be with others at a restaurant. When he handed me the parsley, I finished up with the steaks and placed them in the sauce pan.

"If you want to do something, how about you cut the veggies." I suggested, as I crossed my arms.

He shuffled. "Uh..."

I laughed. I suspected that he didn't know how to cook. "Okay, get me a knife from that drawer." I told him as I took out a variety of vegetables from the fridge. Two minutes later, I had Angelo cutting tomatoes like a pro. I smiled as I watched him. Seeing him doing such a human task gave me such a great feeling. Everything between us at the moment was calm and laid back. Here I was in my kitchen, watching my boyfriend cut tomatoes. In my word, this was probably the most humane experience I have ever been apart of. In this moment, whether I was a vampire or he was a werewolf, didn't matter. Nothing mattered. I felt stress free, a feeling I would absolutely love to feel for the rest of eternity.

I walked into the living room, and turned on my iPod dock. Almost immediately, a high energy, mainstream song came on. I danced my way back to the kitchen.

"Rihanna? Really?" Angelo question as he smirked. Amusement was clear on his face.

"I'm not really familiar with the artist but the song makes me wanna dance." I told him as I hip bumped him.

"Hey! I'm holding a knife here." He laughed. I stuck my tongue out as I waved my hands in the air. It was hard getting Angelo to dance. I wanted to see him carefree, smiling and laughing. Sooner than expected, he was rocking his hips slowly.

"Aha! You're dancing!" I exclaimed.

His eyes widen slightly, as he blushed. "Am not!" I laughed. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around him from behind. My cheek rested against his back, his scent comforting me.

"I give you props for dancing and slicing tomatoes at the same time," I teased. I felt him chuckle. He put the knife down before turning around to face me.

"It was difficult." He joked.

"Mhmm, poor baby." I cooed as I leaned up and stole a kiss. I didn't even give him time to response. I pulled back quickly and walked to the stove to turn over the steaks. I barley heard his growl, before I found myself being pushed slightly to a wall.

His brown eyes narrowed with mischief. "You are really trying to kill me. I had to deal with you shaking your ass around this kitchen like the hot little vixen you are. But refusing me those lips is not tolerated, baby."

His lips came crashing down like lightening. The kiss was heated, as his tongue slipped into my mouth. The heat was everywhere, burning my insides. But then I remembered the steaks, causing me to pull back. He frowned.

"I don't want to burn my house down." I explained as I skipped happily to the stove, and turned over the steaks. He went back to the cutting board to finish cutting the veggies. We made small talked as he made lame jokes here and there. I was setting up the dinning room when I suddenly heard a hiss and then a loud clatter. I sprinted to the kitchen to see the knife on the floor and Angelo clutching his finger.

I inhaled the smell of his blood. I almost rolled my eyes back at the irresistible smell. Almost as irresistible as his scent. I breathed in and out, trying to calm myself.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly, not taking a step toward his direction. I usually have a lot of self control, so why was this difficult. I made fists, my nails digging into my palms.

Angelo didn't answer me. He was looking at me with curious eyes. He took a step toward me, surprising me. Before I knew it he was in front of me. The smell of his blood was making me dizzy with want.

"I have a boo boo." Angelo declared as he held his finger up. "Cure it." He said before putting it in front of my lips. He wanted me to...

"No." I said shaking my head.

"But I'm in pain." He playfully frowned, wiggling his finger. "Por favor?" He and I knew he was lying. He wasn't in pain, he could easily heal.

Hesitantly, I placed my mouth on his finger, his blood staining my lips. The moment I tasted his blood, I was lost. I licked the blood off his finger like if my life depended on it. He stared at me with dark eyes, as he bit his lip. His cut healed as I licked. When I was done, I pulled back and smiled.

"Hello, AB negative."