Fantasy Fanatic

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to xHelloWorldx because she was awesome enough to make me this beautiful cover for my story on the side ===>

Thank you so much <3

I was sitting in Apple-C Café, a popular hangout spot for teenagers, with my girl best friend Casey and talking about all the random things going on in our lives. Casey, the awesome friend she is understood my decision and she was ecstatic about it. She was very fond of the fact that I am acting rebellious for once and dating my teacher.

The day I got Michael’s text about how he wanted to talk to me, I was certain that he was going to realize that I am too boring for him, but much to my pleasure he asked me out in a real cutesy kind of way.

My mom was yelling at me to do the dishes, as per usual. But, I was in la-la-land, thinking of all the possible ways I can make Mark fall in love with me. A knock on the door took me out of my reverie. I lazily walked towards the door and opened it wide and hid behind it. The person who was on the other side did that whole horror movie routine with the “hello? Is anyone here? Gasp! How did the door open by itself?” I took him out of his freak out and ditched my spot behind the door to stand in front of the doorway. He visibly relaxed and smiled at me.

                “Come on in. what are you doing here?” I asked a little surprised.

                “why? Are you not happy to see me?” he smirked “well, remember how I asked you to meet me tonight because I needed to talk to you? I just need to let it out and get it over with. So, want to guide me somewhere private? I really need to talk to you”

I didn’t know what to say so I just nodded my head then grabbed his arm and started leading him towards the staircase when my mom’s rude voice ordered me to clean the kitchen. Okay, I need her to shut up for a minute so I can talk to Michael peacefully, on the other hand, it won’t be so bad to get rid of him because I don’t really need him crush my ego my letting me down. Well, it’s now or never it’s better to just go get it over with.

I asked Michael to stay by the stair case and made my way towards my mother’s room. I sat tight next to her on her bed and got ready to make her understand how important it is for me to talk to Michael.

                “Mom, I promise I will clean the kitchen but, please don’t yell at me while we have company. Right after I am done talking to the “company” I will clean the kitchen and do the dishes. Please mom let me go talk to that person”

I deliberately didn’t say who it was because she would never leave us alone, she is just too nosey.

 My mom just sighed and nodded her head. To say I was surprised by her fairly reasonable behavior would be an understatement of the century. I quickly scrambled out of the room and grabbed Michael arm again and ran to my bedroom.

                “Mariah um okay uh here I bought this banana cream pie for you, um you should open it up” he said nervously.

                “I will open it Michael first tell me what did you wanted to talk to me about?”

                “Mariah it’s a question I wanted to ask” he sighed “just open the lid of this box please, just do it”

I had to urge to yell Nike! But I restrained myself and with a confused glance at him I opened the lid. I gasped at what was there and felt my heart beating because I was so overwhelmed. Inside the box was a pie alright, but on that pie in chocolate frosting were the words “will you be my girlfriend” Please be mine”. It was the cutest thing anyone has ever done for me. I couldn’t believe it was happening to me. I looked up to see Michael’s face and he looked so nervous. I wanted to laugh at his face I mean what has got him so nervous why would I say no to such a sweet and handsome guy? I have realized that that you can’t make someone fall in love with you. Love just happens, if I have to force a guy to love me then that’s not real love. Yeah, he will probably love me for a while, but he is not falling for me, he is falling for the person I am pretending to be; after realizing that I am just not the way I pretended like I was he will eventually fall out of love.  And when that happens then what? I will go back to pining for my unrequited love.