My First Kiss

I am dedicating this chapter to my female British friend Emillie! I freaking love her and she is a crazy slag but whatever i love slags! haha

18-2-8 I was reciting in my mind while dialing the said combination on my locker, but to no avail it was just not opening. I am going to be late! Just as I was about to start banging on my locker, out of nowhere an arm wrapped itself around my torso and another hand took mine off of the locker handle and dialed my combo and voila! It was open. The arm that was wrapped around my waist joined another, encircling around my waist and I was back to chest with a very muscular body.

It might sound creepy, but I knew who it was that had his arms around me without even looking, because no one else smells as good, not even my boyfriend. I don't go around sniffing people, but after sleeping together for so long with this boy I just know his smell by heart. Mind you, not all guys smell as good as my best friend.

Without looking at his face, I turned around and wrapped my arms around his slender waist, he responded to my hug without wasting a second and we were just enjoying each other's closeness in a tight embrace. I heaved in a huge sigh and pulled apart to face him.

"You have been ignoring your best friend ever since you started dating your lovely boyfriend," Mark said while pouting.

My attention went down to his pouty lips and I had this sudden urge to kiss him, not that that was new, I have been having these urges since 5th grade. I wasn't even crushing on him in 5th grade, but I wanted to kiss him and my innocent little self almost gave in to the temptation, not that it was necessary.

My chubby little 11 year old self was sitting in the sand pit, trying to make something out of the useless sand around me. Mark was a few feet away from me playing catch with Brandon, one of his many friends. My friend Maya was sitting beside me gushing about her first kiss with a kid named James. She was trying to sound disgusted, but I could see right through her act, she was minutes away from skipping around the whole playground. She kept talking about the kiss and it made me curious to know how it would feel like to actually kiss a guy other than my dad. Cooties or not my parents do it all the time, so, why can't I? I thought.

My curiosity and anticipation was bubbling over making me squirm. I will kiss someone today, I decided. As soon as I made my decision I saw Mark coming towards me from my peripheral.

"Meme!" he yelled "Want to go get some ice cream?"

I nodded my head in agreement and walked over to him. He took my dimpled hands in his and we set forth towards Baskin Robin's. Mark was swinging our hands back and forth and prattling about some guy who he doesn't like, but I was lost in thoughts about how I should kiss Mark. He is the only guy I am that close to, but what if he doesn't talk to me after I kiss him? What if he doesn't want to friends anymore!? He is my best friend; I can't do that to him. I'll get my first kiss someday, no need to rush.

"Meme, go sit in that booth over there" he pointed towards the far left area of the parlor "I'll get our ice creams and meet you there."

I opened my mouth to retort, but he shook his head while chucking and said, "I know you want the Snickers flavor Meme, that's all you ever get," with that he left to go get our ice creams. I smiled and sauntered over to the booth Mark pointed out earlier and settled in.

Soon Mark joined me and we chomped down on our cold treats in the hot summer sun, while Mark was prattling yet again about the same guy he mentioned earlier," I listened to my best friend while licking my ice cream.

When we were done eating we disposed of our trash and left the air conditioned ice cream shop to go out in the excruciating head outside.

"Meme um I have wanted to do something to you for a while, all my friends have already done it, I want to as well, please promise me you won't get mad," Mark said looking all embarrassed which was so unlike him, Mark is the definition of confident.