A Second Chance

A/N: well this chapter is a day early...well not really it's after 12 so, it's Sunday now but whatever it's still early, thanks to my friend Jou who was apparently on the verge of dying if she didn't get a dose of Mark. Anyways...enjoy, or try to [insert evil laugh]

A tapping on the window took me out of my sobbing state. I glanced to the side to see a very concerned looking Landon standing there. Surprises keep coming at me today, I thought.

Mark gave me a questioning look, I wiped my eyes without answering him, unlocking the door, I got out. As soon as I got out Landon sprung on me, pulling me into a hug, why are all guys here a bunch of huggers? I stood stiff in his embrace, too drained out to respond. He pulled apart after a while, cupping my face in his large hands.

"I heard what happened in there Mariah, and I am really sorry, call me if you need me okay?" I asked him what was bugging me this whole time, "oh I am here because I know Michael, we are buddies, and well we used to be closer before but...well don't think you're alone okay, I am here for you," he leaned in and kissed my forehead. "Bye beautiful," I smiled a forced smile at him and then he walked away.

I watched his lean, retreating back disappear into the darkness, the chilly air nipped at my skin, making goose bumps appear, but I didn't move, I just looked ahead, lost in another world, too numb to do anything.

Mark's footsteps echoed through the cold night, stopping right behind me. I assumed he will offer me his jacket like every gentleman does in movies, but of course Mark is something else. He turned me around, locked my arms around his waist and under the jacket that he was wearing. Then he buttoned up his jacket from behind me, so, that we were both inside his jacket with our arms around each other.

I snuggled closer to him, his hold on me tightened. Mark leaned in and whispered, "you're too good for him anyways," he said, rubbing his nose against the side of my neck, making me feel again, my previous numb state was faltering under his touch.

I chuckled, "that was such a cliché line Mark, come on you can do better," I teased.

"So can you," he muttered, kissing my cheek.

"Oh Mark your girlfriend must be looking for you," I said, masking the jealousy behind my words.

"I texted her that something came up and I am going home, she didn't mind, let's go home now I am tired, oh by the way I am spending the night at yours," he notified me.

I muttered a small "okay," then started moving back, which made Mark cram more into me, not being able to hold Mark's weight over mine I lost my balance, causing both of us to topple over and eventually fall. Mark rolled over so that he wasn't crushing me anymore; we gazed into each other's eyes for a moment before bursting out laughing. Mark unzipped his jacket before we got up and then walked up to the car. Once we were both buckled in he took the car out of the parking then we took off.

I woke up in the morning with strong arms wrapped around my torso, and a muscular leg was sprawled across my side. The hold was so secure that I couldn't move. Unfortunately, my bladder was about to explode. I pinched the arm around me, but he just moaned his hold on my tightening even more. I huffed out a sigh before biting his neck, hard. His beautiful blue eyes shot open, he looked at then a lazy grin formed on his lips, temporarily dazing me.

"Good morning beautiful," he whispered, kissing my forehead, I leaned in, despite the protests of my bladder and kissed the area under his ear. I probably startled him because he let go of me and moved back. I laughed at his shocked expression, getting out of bed, and walked in the bathroom. I quickly used the bathroom, washed my face, brushed my hair and teeth then got out of the bathroom.