A Shocking Past

“Class, today you guys are going to write an impromptu essay on a passage from George Orwell’s novel “1984”” Michael announced with this annoying grin on his handsome face.

I can tell, he really enjoys teaching English, it’s adorable, but there are still so many things I don’t know about him. Like, his family, or his past relationships. I tried several times to make him talk about Samantha but he doesn’t budge, he always says “It’s in the past, it doesn’t matter now.” Mark is still “inspecting” Michael, but I want Michael to tell me about his past on his own terms, I want my boyfriend to trust me enough to tell me these things. I guess I have to wait for him to trust me, I can wait.

My phone vibrated against my seat, making a loud noise, for a second I thought everyone heard that, but everyone was busy asking Michael pointless questions so, the vibrating sound was drowned out by all the talking. I breathe a sigh of relief—I know Michael is my boyfriend, but as long as I am not texting him he will not hesitate in confiscating my phone. I took out my phone.

A smile found its way on my face when I saw I had a text from my boyfriend. It’s crazy how I am dating a teacher. I was never a rebel, I am a bit of a bore actually, I don’t smoke, don’t do drugs, never got drunk, I am the ultimate definition of a goody-two shoes. It is surprising how I am illegally dating my hot English teacher while all the other girls are drooling over him.

This is unfair. You can stare at me the whole time in class, but I can’t stare at you. By the way, you look beautiful today and please refrain from smiling your sexy smile in class. I am already having a hard time keeping my hands to myself. Oh, and you’re beautiful XXX – Your loving boyfriend

I had this undying urge to coo in awe and start giggling, but I stopped myself and surreptitiously started typing a reply to my lovely boyfriend’s text. I didn’t even saw him texting, he is pretty smooth. In the middle of typing up a reply, my phone vibrated indicating another text, but unlike the last one, this one was from my dear best friend.

Meme, want to hang out after school today? I found out some things about your boy toy you might be interested in.

I rolled my eyes at how he referred to my boyfriend. Mark has been in a foul mood ever since he read that conversation on facebook. I think it’s all a big fat misunderstanding, but Mark clearly isn’t keen on believing that, not that I blame him.

I quickly gave Mark an affirmative answer and decided to play with Michael a little instead of just blushing like a little girl for once.

You look very sexy in that red shirt Michael, totally ravishing. I feel like taking it off of you, or more like ripping it out of you would be better. And that sexy ass of yours needs a spanking, don’t stare at your students old man. I’ll see you later, most likely while wearing a lingerie *wink wink* ttyl.

I was fairly happy with my text, but my courage was coming short and I couldn’t make my thumb press send. This text is too bold, too flirtatious, that’s not me and that lingerie thing might make him believe I want to sleep with him. I am not ready for that yet and most importantly it hasn’t been that long yet; Michael and I have been dating for roughly two weeks I need more time to even think about sleeping with him.

Someone poked my side, which startled me more than it should have and I jumped from my seat. A familiar chuckle filled my ears and I glared at my twin from a different mother.

                “Curtis Emanuel Henderson! You do not poke me and get away with it, I will get back at you for this, I don’t know how but I will.”

                “Mariah stop being so dramatic and I did this so you would finally get out of “Chace Crawford land” and start writing that essay you only have 50 minutes left to write.”