An Unexpected Friend Request

So i read this chapter to proofread and i realized that it is not very well written i might change it, but please don't give up because of this sucky first chapter it gets better

One sentence. That's all it took for my life to change completely. Not only did my life change, but it changed me as a person as well, and not for the better. It made me more self-conscious than I already was. I have always been a shy girl and highly self-conscious, but I am good at hiding that. Showing weakness and vulnerability gives people the right to stomp all over you. They take advantage of your moment of weakness and shatter you. And I just never want to feel weak, having control over things makes me feel powerful. And that power has never been mine because I am not even allowed to make a single decision in my life. That's why I tend to take control over everything I possibly can. As it is certain that my looks are not something I can control, I mean I'm not hideous, but I am not flawless either, like my friends. I don't have the ability to enchant people in a way that makes them turn their heads in my direction. People don't give me a second glance especially when I'm with my friends; they take all that glory away from me, because they're so much better looking than I am. I do get loads of compliments though, about my hair because they're shiny, black, and so long that they reach just above the end of my butt. My hair goes quite well with my tan skin and chocolate brown eyes. Now, you must be thinking why the hell is she still talking about her hair? Well, that's because my hair made a guy fall in love with me; or he said he fell in love with me because of my hair. But the sentence that changed my life wasn't his heartfelt confession; it was what started my tragic love story: a facebook notification.

Michael Simmons wants to be friends with you on facebook.

Now, the thing is friend requests like that always scare me, because well we have no mutual friends so how did he find me? What if he is some creepy guy who is going to kidnap me? You never know, things like that do happen, why you think they make movies about that? So, to make sure that some creepy pedophile was not adding me, I checked his entire profile and I was not at all satisfied with what I found. Because I didn't find anything, his profile didn't even tell me how old he was, all I was able to find was that he has a lot of friends and that he is a photographer. His profile picture was of guy holding a professional and expensive looking camera that was covering his entire face. The only thing I could see was his muscular biceps, shaggy black hair and tan skin. I took a while and pondered if I should accept this mysterious stranger's friend request or not, so, I decided to let the friend request stay there untouched for a while.

"Mariah honey where are you?"

I huffed and got out of my bed to see what chore does my mom wants me to do. Did I mention that whenever my mom calls me over it's only because she wants me to do a chore? It's never because she wants to have mother-daughter bonding time or something like I see my friends' mothers do. My friends always complain about that, if only they knew how lucky they are that they have a mother who cares. But I am sure today is nothing different either I am certain she wants me to do a chore she is too lazy to do herself. I am not a lazy hypocrite who is calling her mother lazy because she doesn't want to do work either. The thing is my mother is a house-wife and my house is not a mansion that needs a lot of people to manage. So, my point being, why can't I just stay in my bed the only day I can? Is this too much to ask for? Life is so unfair sometimes, but I am done being whiny and I am not going to go back to sleep anyways, so, I made my way towards my mother's bed room.

"Mariah, your father had to go to a meeting this morning, so, all the dishes form breakfast are on the table, can you put them in the dishwasher and make me a cup of coffee?"

I refrained myself from rolling my eyes. Another thing I should probably mention about my mother dearest, when she asks you to do something, she is not really asking she is just telling you to do it and she will keep "asking" until you give in and say yes. Saving myself from having to argue with her I said "sure," and left her room.

About 20 minutes later I was done loading up the dishwasher and making my mother a cup of coffee. I made my way towards my room and checked my phone. I had a message on facebook from Michael Simmons. At first I decided to just delete it without reading it, but curiosity got the best of me, so, I checked to see what it is.

For some reason, I was a little disappointed that it didn't say something more meaningful than a simple Hey. I started doing my usual overthinking and couldn't decide if I should reply or not. I don't know if I should be harsh to him and ask him who the hell are you? Or should I completely ignore him? Because you never know he could be a serial killer or a rapist. My imagination was running wild but my curiosity once again won the battle and I started typing up Hi. Now, I just hope he is not a creep who will kill me and then feed me to his dog. My thoughts were interrupted by the vibration of my phone. I checked my phone and the message he wrote me was rather shocking and unexpected.

Your profile picture looks kind of blurry, you should have focused your camera lens properly, if you don't know how to do that I might be able to teach you.

My first reaction to that was to get all defensive and tell him that I work for the Yearbook staff in my school and I know how to take a damn picture, but that would mean that what he said affected me, so, I decided to take the cool approach.

Oh yeah? You know most people don't notice that kind of detail; you must have inspected my picture rather closely?

For first time in forever I didn't over think it and sent him that message. Not even 30 seconds later I felt the familiar vibration of my phone and it made me a little excited to see what he wrote back.

It is kind of hard to look away from such a gorgeous picture and I am a professional photographer it is my passion, so, I keep an eye out for small details like that.

Gulp. Did this mysterious stranger just called me gorgeous? For some unknown reason it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but that's totally ridiculous I don't even know the guy. So, I told him I need to go and signed out.

Later that night I tried chilling out for a while and not think about anything, but I couldn't help but think about Michael. He seems like a mega flirt, but I am drawn to him, maybe it is because he is so mysterious, but whatever the reason may be a part of me thinks that he seems like a heart breaker and I shouldn't think about him. But a much bigger part of me wanted to get to know him, so, that's why I did something I never thought I would.

I accepted a mysterious stranger's friend request on facebook.