4. Aurelio's Game

Spotify Playlist for Enraptured: 

Thank you to my friend Grace for making this for me!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/73oUCRZyiIMfRoqckvtDtk

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I'm Aurelio, King of the Nether Realm. It's a pleasure to meet you, Celeste."

I felt my stomach drop. Not only from the cold but from the fear that clutched my soul. Even with my lengthy record of near-death experiences, I was still afraid of dying. I analyzed the enigmatic predator pacing across my small room. A sense of deja vu flowed through me. It brought me back to a time not so long ago when I first officially "met" Daemon in a small boutique when I lived in Los Angeles. The memory brought a painful sting to my chest and I mentally shook my longing thoughts and focused on the danger in front of me.

That was the bitter thing with hope. Hoping for something increases the odds of disappointment and heartbreak. Daemon returning would never come true and this dream would always be just an illusion.

"I wish I could say the same," I said stonily. I sounded braver to my ears yet my heart was pounding like a coward against my chest.

Aurelio let out a small laugh before bringing his face closer to mine. "Don't deny it, darling. I know deep inside you're ecstatic to see me." He tilted my chin towards his lips, his cool slender fingers sending goosebumps down my spine. "After all," he whispered, "I resemble your old lover."

I attempted to pull my chin away from his grip, but the more I struggled, the more Aurelio tightened his grip on my chin. I let out a small cry from the pain, tears stinging the corners of my eyes.

Aurelio smirked at the sight of my struggle. "How easy it would be to finally take what I crave right here, right now," he said smoothly. "But alas, rules are rules." He released his grip and I backed far away the second he did.

"And it won't be any fun without seeing you and your friends begging for your lives."

"What do you want?" I finally asked him. Deep inside, I knew what he wanted but how could it be? I no longer served any worth for both Heaven and the Nether Realm without my abilities. There were no angels to choose from to fulfill the Bridal Fruit prophecy.

"For you to be a player in my game, of course." he grinned, flashing his perfect teeth. "You know the drill, Celeste. You and your friends are playing whether you like it or not."

"Why bring them into this new game when it's only me that you want something from?" I crossed my arms.

Aurelio chuckled softly. Looking at him closely, his hair had the same length and shade of darkness as Daemon's except for the lock of gold strands framing the right side of his head. "I want you and more..."

I glared at him. I was annoyed he didn't answer my question. "When we win, what will our prize be?" I asked him. "Confident aren't we?" Aurelio smirked. "We'll see once you and your friends start playing this game." Aurelio continued. "If you win, I will leave you and your friends alone and return your dear friend, Summer."

My eyes widened and I felt my heart drop. He knew...about Summer.

Aurelio nodded as if reading my mind, "Yes...she was one of the casualties of the first game with the previous Demon King."

"And...if you win?" I asked hesitantly.

Aurelio tilted his head and smiled. "I guess you'll find out soon enough what happens."