21. The Morning After

Tear Stains x Oscar

I fell asleep as soon as Aurelio was finished and satisfied. It took him a long time for him to finish too. I focused on the sound of the ocean waves outside the beach house to lull me to sleep. The beach was no longer my safe haven and my favorite place. My eyes fluttered shut, hoping to have a peaceful slumber after a long night of torment. To my disappointment, even my dreams tortured me with this scarring nightmare. In my dreams, it revealed one moment where Aurelio showed a small amount of humanity and mercy.

He slowed down his pace and asked me if I was okay. I was on my knees with my back forcibly arched and my face buried onto the pillows. He saw me slightly nod my head and reply with a meek muffled "Yes". He did notice the tears that fell down my cheeks while I kissed him on my own free will earlier. He got me where he wanted me to be.

Soft butterfly kisses woke me from my chaotic slumber. My swollen eyes opened slowly.I felt warm and cozy under the sheets until the sting between my legs reminded me of what happened the night before. Soft breaths blew on the crook of my neck. Aurelio's muscular arms were wrapped around my waist and both of us were naked.

My entire body stiffened. I wanted to break down and cry all over again, but I won't do it here. I'll allow myself to feel as soon as I return to the Mortal Realm. I was dying for a shower. I wanted to scrub away the places he touched me, kissed me, and grabbed me. I slowly moved Aurelio's arm away from my waist. I was about to stand up when his arm swiftly snaked around my waist and pulled me to him.

"Stay," he said huskily, sleep lacing the sound of his voice.

"I did what you wanted so can I please go home?" I implored him softly. I looked down sadly, afraid how he'd react to my plea. Will he punish my loved ones for a request? Oh how far I have fallen. My strength and confidence were crushed in just one night. Rebuilding my ruins will not happen overnight.

I felt his hot breath against my neck. He kissed the spot on my shoulders which he discovered was one of my weak spots. I held back a moan. Aurelio sighed heavily.

"Stay," Aurelio said again, his eyes closed . "I'll bring you back to the mortal realm once you eat."

My stomach dropped. I was afraid if I stayed, I would be obligated to please him again. As long as I'm present in his dominion, I have no power.

"How'd you sleep?" he asked, sitting up and his arms behind his head. I feel like absolute shit because of you, I wanted to say. I immediately sat up. Remembering I was still naked, I clutched the white sheets close to my chest and I felt my face turn red. The ache between my legs is bearable and I wanted to leave ASAP.

"Fine." I said softly.

I cleared my throat and immediately changed the tone of my voice. My voice sounded pathetic and weak. I couldn't believe I sounded defeated, the fire inside me extinguished.

"Did you keep your end of the bargain?" I quickly knelt down and picked up my clothes that lay on the floor. I threw my shirt over my head and searched for my underwear and pants. Where the hell is my phone? I found it lying on the floor close to the edge of the bed to my relief. I heard him sigh behind me but he didn't answer my question. I cursed, not being able to find my underwear but it didn't matter since I wanted to leave the Nether Realm so I'll bear just wearing my top and shorts. I made a list in my head on what I'm going to do once I return.

Number 1 on my list: Take Plan B (emergency contraceptive in the U.S.)

It irked me that Aurelio didn't answer my question. I turned to look at him in annoyance.

"Well? Did you keep your end of the bargain?" I asked him again.

Aurelio stared at me with a blank face, his golden eyes glowing. I couldn't tell if it was annoyance and his predatory urge to kill me or ravage me again. He got out of bed naked and I diverted my eyes from looking at anything below his neck. Before I knew it, he stood in front of me. I gulped. I was face to face with his chest and I craned my neck to look at him with tired eyes. My stomach growled. Warmth and longing flashed across his golden eyes. They were probably a figment of my imagination.

"Have something to eat before you go." he ordered me. I internally rolled my eyes. A demon like him never asked, only commanded and ordered.

"You're not answering my question." I gritted my teeth, anger bubbling inside my starving stomach. Aurelio ran his fingers through his disheveled hair and sighed.

"Yes, Daniel's soul is no longer in the Nether Realm. It returned to his body."

I wasn't satisfied with his answer. "I want proof." I crossed my arms.

"I'll give you proof after you eat." he said, turning around to grab joggers from the walk-in closet and putting them on. He decided to stay shirtless. I groaned. My desire to return to the Mortal Realm would be delayed for now.

I followed him to the kitchen. "I'm not hungry." I lied.

He turned his head and smirked. "That's not what I heard." We finally reached a beautiful kitchen. Sunlight peeked through the horizon as the ocean waves continued to crash on the sandy shore. Aurelio put a lot of thought into this illusion, I thought. I was putting on a facade of normalcy and strength and seeing the sun slowly rising in the horizon brought a curve to my lips. I've always loved the morning. I stood behind him awkwardly.

"Have a seat," he motioned towards the little island with high chairs.

I walked over and sat on one of the chairs. I was getting impatient, but I knew if I kept pressing on the proof that Aurelio kept his word, he'd get angry, lash out, and probably have something to punish me and my friends. I could really use some coffee to get rid of my brain fog and headache. As if reading my mind, he brewed a cup of coffee, poured it into a large peach-colored cup, added cream and sugar, then handed it to me. I looked at the cup suspiciously and sniffed for any suspicious scents.

He suddenly took the cup from my hand and drank from it. Pausing to look at it, he poured more cream into the cup. He slid the cup to me.

"It should taste just right, now."

How did he know I liked cream and sugar in my coffee? He then proceeded to grab eggs from the fridge and then some english muffins, and ham. After he finished cooking, he set the plate of simple eggs benedict in front of me. The scent of the delicious food seemed to appease my growling stomach. Aurelio set another plate for himself and sat across from me.

"If I eat or drink food from the Nether Realm, will I be bound to stay in the Nether Realm?" I asked him.

Aurelio laughed as if I just made a joke. A thick strand of hair fell over his amber eyes making him look just like a regular guy eating breakfast with his girlfriend in the morning.

"Of course not. If you eat food or drink something from the Nether Realm while you're in the Mortal Realm, then your soul is bound." he said matter-of-factly.

My thoughts brought me back from the apples I ate before Daemon showed up in front of me and my friends. I fucking hated apples since then and I'll never eat apples ever again.

I took a sip of the coffee and my eyes widened in surprise. I was surprised that Aurelio knew exactly how much cream and sugar I liked in my coffee. We ate in silence. I finished my plate in record time and my coffee. I put my chin under my hand and rested my elbow on the table. Then I noticed the purple bruise that circled my wrist. I felt a painful twinge in my gut, but I ignored it.

"Your proof?" I asked him again.

"I'm not done eating, love." he said as he continued eating. I waited for him to finish eating although I was getting impatient and I wanted to strangle him.

"You can just direct me to Chinvat and I'll know where to go."

"Don't you want to know the final result of the game before you leave?" he asked me ominously. 

Hi!!! I updated today on Friday, instead of Saturday. I'm not sure whether I'll change my update schedule Friday or Saturday. Anyways, thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote and comment <3