22. The Final Outcome

My body stilled and goosebumps crawled up my arms. "What do you mean?" I asked in a small voice. "I haven't played yet. I haven't found the object of my worst sin."

"You have," the demon replied. "The game ended with a tie."

"You're lying," I said.

"I'm not," Aurelio replied.

"This wouldn't be the first time." I retorted and rolled my eyes.

"We tied when your molester friend lost. I gave your dying friend a pass and gave him his life back. And you sunshine...well, you lost your round."

"HOW?!" I screamed standing up. "How could it have been my turn?!" I asked incredulously. "You tricked me." I accused him. Aurelio remained calm as I continued to yell at him. "You didn't give me a time limit like you did with the rest of my friends."

"You do give a good point." Aurelio pondered. "But even if I did, you wouldn't be able to give me that item."

"You never even gave me a chance." I seethed.

"You murdered your friend and that is your worst sin. His death made it your turn."

"It was an accident!" I defended myself.

"Do you want to know what your item was?"

My hand couldn't resist the urge and I slapped him. His eyes glowed red instead of their usual golden hue. I took into consideration what he said about it being my turn after Danny died. He wasn't able to give his heart and I made the situation worse by trying to heal him. It killed him instead. That automatically puts the game to target me next.

"How much time do I have left?" I asked the demon defeatedly.

"I gave you 96 hours. You have less than 48 hours left."

"I still have a chance," I told him.

"And that you do, my love."

"I'll figure out my item on my own. I'll figure it out in front of you" I told him.

Aurelio led me to the living room and I sat down across from him. He leaned against the comfortable couch and crossed his legs. I sat awkwardly, the discomfort between my legs acting up again. I swear, if it was my period, I'd be glad to stain Aurelio's white couch as a way to say a big fuck you. But then again, demons are psychos and would probably use my blood for something...so I guess I take it back.

I sat contemplating my options on what item I used to accidentally kill my friend. And as I mulled over these choices, I couldn't help but feel that Aurelio is right. The options I have is something I couldn't give him, no— I couldn't give him. After contemplating my choices, I was ready to answer him.

"It's my power as the Bridal Fruit." I told him.

Aurelio smiled and I haven't seen this smile from him. "Correct," he said.

"I surrender it to you," I told him. "I don't want it if it'll only hurt many people."

"A gift isn't something you can easily give back, especially if it's inherited," he said mysteriously. 

Hi everyone! Sorry for this really short chapter, my graduate classes are now in person and I'm still adjusting to my chaotic schedule on top of working and doing internships. I want to be consistent with updates so I apologize ahead of time if some chapters are long and some are shorter. Please vote and comment <3