7. Negotiations

Song: End this L.O.V.E by Hailee Steinfeld

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The sun was setting early in LA once we arrived at the ominous entrance of the cemetery. Brittany knew where her grave was located. After all, she attended Julia's funeral years ago. Ethan pulled out two shovels from the trunk of his car and set one on the ground.

"Whoa, dude! You just carry shovels in your car like it's normal?" Daniel commented.

Ethan looked at me then back to Daniel. "My old job required me to. I have an extra," he threw the other shovel to Daniel, "the sooner we dig, the sooner we can find that weapon."

The guys started digging and I sat down next to Julia's headstone. I reminded myself of the stories Brittany told us. Aurelio said the first item would be something used for murder. Julia killed herself, so shouldn't she know what that weapon was?

The guys finished digging up Julia's grave. "Fuck bro, this looks so sus," Ted complained. He wiped the sweat off his brow and continued digging, breathing heavily.

"Yep, just a bunch of college students digging up someone's grave," Ethan grunted.

"What do you expect to find in the casket?" Daniel asked out of breath. Brittany and I shrugged.

"I don't know, maybe something this stupid demon wants. If we're doing extra work like digging someone's grave, we're probably on the right track." I said.

The temperature dropped down even further as if warning us of our impending affliction. Brittany started prying the casket open. "Man, don't you think this is kinda disrespectful?" Daniel asked meekly.

"I think we're past disrespectful, Danny," Brittany grunted, struggling to pry open the casket. Eventually, the casket was wide open to find a decaying body inside. The stench was overwhelming and I gagged at the smell.

"Do you see anything?" I asked her. Brittany was touching around Julia's corpse with no care. She was determined to survive.

"Did demon boy give you any other hints besides the fact it was a murder weapon?" She asked agitatedly.

"I --" I began to answer before the infernal flame from the ground began to swirl below our feet. Aurelio appeared without a smirk this time. In fact, he looked bored out of his mind. He gave me a devious grin when he saw me glaring at him.