6. Winners and Losers

**TRIGGER WARNING**: This chapter contains upsetting topics. Self-harm, body hatred, bullying, and suicide are mentioned in this chapter. Reader discretion advised.

Spotify Playlist for Enraptured: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/73oUCRZyiIMfRoqckvtDtk

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

4 years ago

Brittany looked at Julia with pure jealousy. "That bitch always brags about how pretty she looks," she said to her friends crossing her arms. From the corner of her eye, Julia was laughing with her friends, ignorant of all the shit spoken about her. She is beautiful as much as she hates to admit it. Julia has medium length silky black hair paired with innocent almond eyes. She has a small scar on her upper lip and hell, that even added to her elegance.

Brittany yawned. There were no recent scandals or rumors in her elite private school yet and she's bored. She thrives off the gossip and humiliation of others in her class. She loved coming up on top of everything; status, academics, and popularity. Julia Kim's demise would be very interesting and it would be a great addition to Brittany's long list of victories.

Her phone buzzed. It was a message from one of her many side hoes. The text message read, "I found dirt on Julia. Turns out, she's not the 'natural beauty' she claims to be." Another text message appeared. This time it was an attachment of Julia's childhood photo. She had a cleft lip, monolids, a bald patch of hair on top of her head, and a large disgusting mole on the right side of her face. Brittany's friends looked over her shoulder and gasped.

"Ew she looks like a fucking freak!" one of them exclaimed. Julia stopped talking when she heard one of Brittany's minions shriek. She ignored it and continued talking to her friends. Little did she know, Brittany has been plotting a course of action that will knock Julia's ego down a notch.

The next day, Julia's childhood photos were plastered all over her private school. Every inch of the walls and windows were covered and not a single inch was left naked. Brittany was elated to see Julia's horrified expression when she saw pictures of herself all over their school. Her childhood features were one of her many insecurities. At the end of the school day, all of their phones buzzed. Julia's childhood photos are now surfaced on Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and even Tinder.

Brittany was called into the Principal's office the following morning. She was infuriated. She was careful about leaving any bread crumbs that would trail back to her. She was accused of posting offensive comments and rumors about Julia on social media. Brittany's parents were furious because her stunt was published in the tabloids. They underestimated her.