15. Recollections

Song: Crazy in Love by Eden Project

I have never truly seen the Nether Realm. Daemon only took me and my friends to Chinvat; the bridge between the mortal realm and the Nether Realm. We were at a Victorian-designed study. A fireplace as tall as me and as wide as the hard mahogany table with the plush red velvet chair. Papers were scattered all over the desk and it spilled on the floor.

I was seeing the Nether Realm through Angelo's memories. My vision was hazy and it eventually focused. Angelo laid on the floor cradling his jaw. "The Elders will not be pleased with this, brother. Killing our brothers for the sake of your own -- "

"I LOVE HER!!!!" the voice bellowed. Angelo tried to get up from the inky marble floor. He staggered to gain his balance but ended up falling once more.

"AND I WILL DO ANYTHING TO PROVE TO HEAVEN THAT I AM WORTHY TO BECOME A MORTAL..FOR HER." Daemon stepped out of the shadows. My eyes widened.

"Daemon," I whispered, tears brimming in the corners of my eyes. I found myself behind the mahogany desk and ran to him. I pulled him to an embrace but all I felt was nothing. I couldn't physically hold him and it broke my heart again.

"This will only tell Heaven that YOU are a MONSTER!" Angelo yelled back. He wiped the blood drooling his cheek with the back of his hand. "And you still think she'll just love you back like that?"

I shook my head at the scene that began to unravel in front of me. Infernal fire materialized from Daemon's palm and pointed it towards Angelo. "If you're only going to piss me off, leave. You should be grateful that I wasn't considering murdering you like our other brothers."

Angelo shook his head before pinching the bridge of his nose. "You've only made things worse, brother. Tell me, who else is going to rule the other seven circles of the Nether Realm, hm?" He began to pace around Daemon.

Daemon smirked viciously and shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, it's none of my business. I'm only responsible for the 8th circle." Daemon crossed his arms and laughed. However, his laughter didn't last long.

"On the contrary, as KING of the Nether Realm, you are responsible for ALL circles." a deep haunting masculine voice replied. The speaker emerged from its obscurity in a long black robe, the hood large enough to hide its face.

Daemon stopped laughing and turned to the speaker. "And what the fuck are you talking about? I'm a prince. I thought you old hags are in charge of the boring shit in the Nether Realm."

"Not anymore, King Daemon." the hooded figure replied darkly. The figure lifted its thin gray skeletal finger and pointed it towards Daemon. "The Elders have come into agreement that your thirst for power has given you title as King of the Nether Realm. A position in which you by any means, cannot become mortal."

Daemon staggered back, surprised. "No," he murmured, shaking his head, his eyes in a far-off gaze. "That's not possible."

The hooded figure's shoulders began to shake. It took me a while to realize that they were giggling at the sight of Daemon's distress. Their giggles echoed all over the 8th circle and continued until a crown made of gold and emerald materialized on his obsidian locks. Dark delicate wings sprouted from his shoulder blades that were about 6ft in width. His eyes glowed red and he screamed in shock and pain when a tattoo of a snake and feathers burned through the skin of his forearm. He began to scratch on his skin, hoping that the tattoo would disappear to no avail. Instead, the tattoo became darker against his milky white skin, and to his desperation, he pulled a silver knife from behind him and cut his skin.

Angelo came to his side to stop him from hurting himself even more. He attempted to take the knife away from Daemon but Daemon pushed him away with infernal ice. Daemon continued to peel his skin away but his wounds continued to heal each and every time.

At some point, he gave up and collapsed on his knees. The once polished floor mimicked a murder scene with his pool of blood and slabs of skin. He lost a lot of blood by human standards, but it didn't deter him for he was now immortal and all-powerful.

He reminded me of a fallen angel, kneeling on the floor with his head down, distraught. The Elders dressed in their silk hoods and long capes began to materialize one by one around him in a circle. Daemon didn't lift his head up to acknowledge any of them.

"King Daemon," they began.

"Fuck off." He said, standing up from his position. Daemon pushed past them breaking the circle they have made around him.

"A King can have His Queen." they started again, their eerie voices echoing in unison.

"I don't want anyone else but her." Daemon replied before flipping off the Elders. He took off his golden crown and threw it to the side.

"Get out, before I end your existence." Daemon said slowly, each word laced with toxic hatred. He stood up from the ground, his black wings disappearing from behind him. The Elders took a step back in unison. I couldn't see any of their expressions underneath their hoods but I could imagine them smiling eerily as they say the following haunting words.

"Bridal Fruit,

Destined for pursuit.

Entangled between heaven and hell.

Time will only tell,

Who she'll embrace.

Her lover's place

Enhanced from the root."

Anddddd here's another chapter, guys! What do y'all think of Daemon in this memory?