Escape

We were running along the forest floor. You were holding Ram bridal style and Subaru had Rem on his back. Subaru ran a little bit ahead, to look out for any Mabeasts.

Ram: Poseidon?

Y/n: What's up?

Ram: Where did you learn to do that?

Y/n: Do what?

Ram: Fight with that trident.

Y/n:....Before i answer that....Remember when you were talking about those Divine protections?

Ram: Yes?

Y/n: Are there any kind of Divine Protections that allow you to easily master a certain weapon?

Ram: Probably, yes.

Y/n: Than i think there's a good chance that i have that kind of Divine Protection.

Ram: Good chance? You don't even know yourself?

Y/n: Sorry. Can't tell if i actually have one or not.

Ram: Is that so....

This greatly confuses Ram, after all...People can usually tell if they have Divine Protections or not.

While Ram was thinking about this, Rem had woken up.

Rem:....Subaru-kun..? What....?

Subaru: You're awake, Rem?

Ram: Thank goodness, Rem. You really are a handful.

Suddenly, a Mabeast noticed them and started charging at them.

You quickly moved Ram to be held in your left arm, while using your right arm to grab your trident on your back and thrust it through the Mabeast's chest and throw it somewhere else.

------------------------

They were hiding in a bush, gasping for air as much as they could....Well, except for you. You weren't even feeling any fatigue after fighting and running through the forest for hours....hell, you weren't even sweating!

Rem: Why...? Why didn't you just leave me alone?! For you, Sister and Poseidon to show up....It makes it all pointless. I have to do this myself, no one else needs to get hurt anymore.....

Subaru: Too late for that, Ram and I are already torn to shreds, maybe even more then you! My right shoulder is dislocated!

Y/n: Can't i use Healing Magic? I could look into it for you-

Ram: And do you know how to use healing magic?

Y/n:....Um...Well...

Ram: Don't get too arrogant just because you have some kind of talent for tridents, which could be a Divine Protection.

Y/n: Yea, yea.

We continued to wait until the coast was clear, a while later Subaru noticed that the coast was clear.

Subaru: Now!

With that, we continued our run back to our village, but Subaru seemed to have chosen a rather poor time to reveal ourselfs.

After all, mere seconds after we left that bush we were already being chased by Mabeasts.

Y/n: Hey, Ram? Can you run?

Ram: Yes, I should be fine. Why do you ask-

Y/n: Great. I'll hold them off then while you'll run towards the village.

Subaru: Wha?! That's suicidal isn't it?!

Ram: Shut up Barasu, let's go.

With that, Subaru was forced to run after Ram with Rem on his back while you were left to fight the Mabeasts.