Dumbass

Despite the rather...Unfortunate events that had happened in the castle, Y/n had sent off Emilia back to the mansion on a positive note. She seemed to have thought about what had happened yesterday and while she looked like she understood a bit more why I did what I did, she certainly didn't agree with me.

However, with a smile on her face, atleast to me she went back to the mansion in the carriage while me and Subaru were left in the Capital.

You two were supposed to move into the mansion owned by the house of Karsten and live with that one green haired canditate for a short while. The excuse was to fix up Subaru's gate, though he hasn't used it since the incident at the mansion, so it shouldn't take too long and you'd be able to go back to the mansion in no time.

Neither you or Subaru had spoken to one another as the last time you to spoke you had beaten Subaru down and called him out on his bullshit after the duel.

To your annoyance though, you'll have to get him out of his room to go to the Karsten manor-

Oh, look at that, he's coming straight towards you. That should save up some time.

Too bad that he has a nasty glare on his face and it's not just because of how he usually looks. Is he that angry at the fact I beat him down yesterday?

Subaru: What the hell?!

Doesn't answer much...Or anything at all.

Y/n: What?

He clearly didn't like that anwser as it looked like he was expecting you to know what was wrong.

Subaru: Don't you "what" me! You think that you can just take her away from me?!

Alright, clearly this wasn't about yesterday, but what did he mean by that? Take who away?

Y/n: Take who away? Subaru, I have no idea what you're talking about. Look, we have to get to the Karsten mano-

He raised his fist and punched you in the chest, which clearly hurt him way more than you as he tried to hide the obvious pain in his hand while you stood there unbothered by the attack.

You...Were genuinely confused now, what was he trying to do now? Hell, you don't even know what his point is right now, if he has one.

Subaru: You-! I saw you! How happy Emilia looked with you!

.....

He's fucking with you, right?

He isn't actually serious about what he is saying, right?

Y/n: Subaru, you need to calm down and think properly-

Clearly, that didn't work as he lashed out in anger.

Subaru: No! You- You are everything I wanted to be! You have these awesome powers and what do I have? This shitty curse that just keeps me alive when I should have died!

As he continued to ramble on, he started to look almost...Hysterical.

Subaru: And you know what?! Fine! I'll take this power, and you know why? Because without me, you wouldn't have been able to know about those damn dogs! I was the one who saved everyone back in the mansion, not you! You are stuck with me and I can just...Throw myself off a building everytime you step out of line! You have no choice other than to follow me!

He's serious, isn't he?

Subaru: And fucking look at you! "Oh, look at me! The great oh- fucking Poseidon! God of the seas!" You have a god complex, Y/n. And despite all that bullshit power of yours, you have to listen to m-