Trip to the Capital

Y/n:...Why do you want me to go to the Capital again?

Roswaal: To accompany Emilia-sama on her triiiip to the Capital of course~ There will be an important meeting happening in the Royaaaal Castle and it would be wise for you to guard her~

Y/n:...Why would she need to be guarded...In the Royal Castle? Shouldn't that kind of place have the best security in the country?

Roswaal: It is wise to always be cautious, is it not?

You didn't answer for a few seconds as you thought about his words for a few seconds before making a decision.

Y/n: Yea, I guess I'll come with her. Is anyone else coming?

Roswaal: Welllll~ I will naturally be coming with you including Rem~

At his words you snickered a bit.

Y/n: So you're leaving Subaru alone with Ram? I doubt that's a good idea.

Ram: Please don't worry Poseidon. If Barasu tries to do anything disgusting to me, I will be sure to teach that pervert a lesson.

You sighed as you asked Roswaal another question.

Y/n: So, when are we going?

Roswaal: We aaaare traveling to the Capital in three days~

You nodded as you got up and left the room, you still didn't like how the clown spoke. It always felt like he knew what you were going to do no matter what, it was weird if you were honest.

It doesn't matter much now though as you have now been assigned as Emilia's guard.

Well, I guess you are prety scary since you're longer than two meters and have eyes scarier than Subaru. You doubt that anyone would get close to hurt Emilia, unless it was someone strong like Elsa.

Y/n: Well, I doubt that anything bad will happen on this little trip.

And so the days passed as Y/n waited for the day to finally arrive where they headed off to the Capital.

When it did, he was surprised by the fact that Subaru was coming with them, but he probably should have expected that he would try his hardest to go wherever Emilia is.

Y/n could tell from a mile away that Subaru was head over heels for Emilia.

It didn't matter much to Y/n how big Subaru's crush for Emilia was though, it wasn't any of his buisness anyway.

The trip itself wasn't anything special, most of it was filled with Subaru trying to flirt with Emilia and constantly failing.

You do feel bad about the fact that Ram is going to be in the mansion all alone though, but you're also worried that the place might be crawling with rats since Rem won't be there.

After the painfully long trip, everyone made their way towards the hotel Roswaal hired...Which was a big building...Although nowhere near as big as Roswaal's.

After everyone got settled, you sat on your bed thinking about the upcoming events.

Y/n: Going to the Royal castle...I hope nothing bad happens there. But...I really have a bad feeling about it...

Subaru wanted to walk around with Emilia alone, so you gave a dumb excuse not to go earlier so that Subaru can try and flirt with Emilia.

Keyword "try"

You're willing to bet that Emilia is holding Subaru's hand like a mother, since she would be worried that Subaru would run off somewhere.

So to kill time you decided to simply go for a walk around the Capital, you never really had a chance to look around since on the first day you had to deal with a thieves and a murderer.