Chapter 1

Avery's P.O.V.

"Hey, Pony. Where's Johnny at?" I asked, walking into the Curtis house. Ponyboy was sitting on the couch reading a book.

"I think Dally took him somewhere. I know he stayed at his house last night, so maybe Dally is helping him recover from it," Ponyboy andwered, only glancing at me before going back to his book.

"Dang, he should have just stayed with one of us. I hate it when he stays at his house with those awful parents of his," I say, walking into the kitchen where Darry stood cooking, Sodapop and Steve were sitting at the table arm wrestling, and my cousin Two-Bit was drinking beer by the counter.

"Hey! There's little Avery!" Two-Bit yelled. Sodapop looked up and said hi, Darry said hi, but didn't look at me, and Steve didn't do anything at all, just challenged Sodapop to another arm wrestle.

"Hi, guys. Is there anything good to eat? I'm starving!" I said, going to see what Darry was making. Two-Bit pulled me away, though, causing me to glare at him.

"He's just making eggs, anyway I wanted to ask if you wanted to go to the Drive-in with the gang and me tonight? Otherwise you'll be all alone," Two-Bit asked me, taking another sip of his beer.

"Yeah, sure. What movie is it?" I asked. Two-Bit shrugged.

"Probably just some other beach movie or something," Two-Bit said. I groaned, I hate those kind of movies. But who knows? Maybe I'll meet someone.

"Alright. I'm gonna go to the living room and watch Mickey," I said. I didn't have a chance to walk before my cousin was sprinting into the living room. I chuckled, shaking my head, and went into the living room to see Two-Bit had already put it on. I sat down on the couch, and before I knew it, I was asleep on Two-Bit's shoulder.

A/n,
So! There's chapter 1 done! I know it's small, but I wanted to at least get this chapter done before I have to go on my trip. What do you guys think? Is it good so far? I sure hope so! I hope you guys had a great Christmas! Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!