Chapter 8

Avery's P.O.V.

I'm sitting at the couch in the Curtis house. Two-Bit is next to me watching Mickey. Well, his head is on my lap. I swear this guy could have his head stuck in a chair, but if Mickey's on, he wouldn't care.

"Two-Bit I have to go to the bathroom, will you please get up?" I asked.

"No, thanks, I already had dinner," Two-Bit said, not paying attention. Luckily I don't actually have to go to the bathroom. I heard laughing and looked to my right to see Sodapop laughing.

"What're you laughing at?" I asked.

"The fact that he cares about Mickey Mouse more than anything else," Sodapop said. I sighed, looking down at my cousin, who was asleep. I looked at the TV to see Mickey was off.

"I'm kind of worried about his addiction to it to where he just...ignores everything around him. It's not good for his health. Same with his drinking. I'm scared that if he doesn't stop, he'll do something to get himself killed while drunk," I said, not realizing I had tears running down my face until I saw one drop onto Two-Bit's face. I quickly rubbed my face to get rid of the tears.

"I understand. If it were Darry or Ponyboy, I'd feel the same way," Sodapop said. I nodded.

"Maybe I could try to help him. Maybe like one or two episodes a day and maybe everyday he could drink one less beer until it's only one a day, with exceptions to holidays and special occasions," I said, looking at Sodapop who nodded.

"That sounds like a solid plan. I don't think Two will agree, though," Sodapop said.

"Yeah, you're probably right," I sighed. I looked at the clock to see it was around 1 PM. "Where is everyone?"

"Darry is at work, Pony is hanging out with Johnny, Dally I think got put in jail, again, and Steve is on a date," Sodapop explained. I don't know why, but I got this weird feeling in my stomach and chest when he said that Steve was on a date.

"Oh, okay, thanks," I said, giving a small smile to Sodapop, who grinned back.

"No problem. I'm actually on lunch, but I have to get back to work, I'll see you later?" Sodapop said, making it sound like a question.

"Well, seeing as I probably won't be able to get up any time soon, I'd say you'll see me later," I said, motioning to Two-Bit, who's still sleeping on my lap. Sodapop laughed, walking out of the house and down the street to The DX. I grabbed the TV remote and put something on the TV that finally wasn't Mickey Mouse.

A/n,
There is chapter 8! I worked on this on my way home, I forgot to publish it, though, but I did now! Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!