Chapter 16

Avery's P.O.V.

I woke up to someone smacking my stomach with a pillow. I opened my eyes to see Johnny staring at me withan innocent look on his face.

"It was Ponyboy!" Johnny said, pointing over at Ponyboy. I looked over at him to see Ponyboy with his mouth open and his eyes wide.

"I did not! How dare you lie about such a thing!" Ponyboy said.

"Yes you did! I watched you with my own two eyes!" Johnny yelled. Ponyboy looked offended.

"I can't believe you're blaming me for this!" Ponyboy said. I sighed. I grabbed the pillow and whacked them both with it. They both looked at me with offended looks.

"Wow, Avery," Johnny said, shaking his head and frowning.

"I thought we were friends!" Ponyboy said, pouting.

"Well....I guess you thought wrong!" I exclaimed, hitting them both with the pillow again. They looked at each other and then looked at me with a mischievous smile aon each of their faces. They both grabbed different pillows from the couch behind them.

"Payback," Ponyboy said. Both of the boys suddenly starting hitting me with the pillows. I took my pillow and started hitting back. We were all three laughing and giggling, groaning once in a while because Ponyboy tends to like to hit people in the stomach.

"Oh, count me in!" I heard a voice yell. Suddenly I saw a Mickey Mouse shirt running towards us with a pillow.

"Two-Bit help me!" I yelled. Two-Bit looked between me and the boys. He grinned at me and started smacking me with the pillow.

"Haha, I'm helping them!" Two-Bit teased.

"Oh come on! What happened to being my cousin!" I yelled.

"We're still cousins, Avery!" Two-Bit said, smacking my head with a pillow.

"Kieth!" I screeched.

"What is going on in here!" I heard someone yell. We all stopped to see Darry glaring at us all. We all dropped the pillows and put our hands up. Suddenly Darry grinned and came at us with a pillow and the pillow fight was back on!

"Yeahaha!" I yelled, laughing in the word. This is the most I've seen Darry have fun since his parents died. Pretty soon we were all laying on the floor, out of breath with huge grins.

"Aww, we missed the pillow fight?" Sodapop whined from the door, Steve behind him. We all burst out laughing.

A/n,
This was just a quick, fun filler chapter. Remember, Dallas is still in jail. Sorry it's short. Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!