Chapter 11

Avery's P.O.V.

When we finally got to the Curtis house, Steve went directly to the bathroom, locking himself in. Sodapop, the only guy around, looked at me confused.

"He told me he likes me. I told him I'm too confused right now," I said. He nodded, understanding.

"I'd understand why you'd be confused. He has been a jerk to you for a couple years," Sodapop said.

"Yeah. I still can't believe he likes me!" I said. I started to think about if Steve and I did start dating. It would probably start out awkard. Then as time went on, maybe it would get better. I just cannot imagine Steve and me dating, it just seems really weird.

"Hey, guys!" Two-Bit's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked over to see him and Johnny walking in the door.

"Hey Keith. Hi Johnnycakes," I grinned.

"That's Two-Bit, missy," Two-Bit said, jokingly poking me with his finger. I rolled my eyes.

"Keith is your actual name Two," I said, raising my eyebrows at him. He shrugged, plopping down onto the couch and putting on Mickey Mouse.

"How are you always wanting to watch Mickey Mouse?" Johnny asked Two-Bit quietly.

"It's amazing, Johnnycakes. Which reminds me, I want cake," Two-Bit said, pausing the TV and going into the kitchen.

"How are you, Johnnycakes?" I asked, looking at Johnny, who looked at me with a small smile.

"Good, thanks. How about you?" Johnny asked.

"Confused. And a little bit upset that you were right and I was wrong," I said, pouting playfully.

"About what?" Johnny asked.

"Steve liking me. I'm confused on how I feel about him," I explained. Johnny grinned.

"You definitely like him!" Johnny said.

"She definitely likes who?" Ponyboy said, coming in from his bedroom and sitting next to a sleeping Sodapop on the couch.

"Steve, he told her he likes her," Johnny answered. I smacked his arm.

"Johnnycakes!" I exclaimed. He gave me an innocent smile and I couldn't stay mad at him anymore and smiled back, looking back at Ponyboy. 

"Took him long enough! I thought he'd go another 40 years before telling her how he felt!" Ponyboy said and I rolled my eyes.

"It probably wouldn't have taken him that long to tell her," Sodapop said suddenly, waking up from his short nap.

"Hey, you never know! It could have taken him 57 years!" Ponyboy said.

"Why the extra 7 years?" I asked, smirking at Ponyboy. He shrugged.

"Hey, scootch to toosh. I wanna sit and watch Mickey," Two-Bit said, walking in with a full cake. I smiled while watching the boys mess around. I loved this place. This was more of a home than my actual home. Suddenly Steve came back from the bathroom and sat down in Darry's chair. And that's when I realized.

I like Steve Randle.

A/n,
There's chapter 11! It's pretty short, but I didn't really know what to put. I just really wanted to get another chapter out for all of you wonderful people. Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!