Chapter 20

Avery's P.O.V.

"Why do they have to take up the whole couch? I would like to sit there and watch Mickey Mouse!" I heard a voice complain. I know that it's Two-Bit. I can tell by the voice and by what he said.

"Wake them up or go sit on the floor," I heard another voice say. I couldn't tell if it was Ponyboy or Sodapop.

"I have a better idea," I hear Two-Bit say. Suddenly there was a wait on top of me and a groan from under me. I opened my eyes to see Two-Bit sitting on top of me and us two squishing into Steve.

"Kieth, get off," I complained, still pretty tired.

"No," Two-Bit said.

"No?" I asked. I mean, there wasn't really much of a choice.

"You called me the 'K' word. That is not allowed. Either call me Mickey or Two-Bit or Two, that is all," Two-Bit said.  I rolled my eyes.

"Mickey, please get up," I begged in a childish voice, fake pouting and giving him my best puppy eyes. He looked down at me and groaned.

"Fine," Two-Bit said, jumping off of me.

"Thank you," I say, getting off of Steve. Steve sat up and immediately Two-Bit sat in the now empty spot on the couch and watched Mickey Mouse.

"Gosh, I think you broke my shoulder, Two-Bit," Steve said, rubbing his shoulder. I looked around the room and saw that Sodapop was the only one here other than us.

"I'll give you a massage, Steve," Sodapop said, walking over to Steve and started rubbing his shoulders.

"Oh, wow, you're great at this," Steve said, closing his eyes in pleasure.

"That's what she said," I said. The boys all started laughing.

"Good one, Avery. But, uh, Darry always has me give him massages, so I have a lot of experience with it," Sodapop said.

"He wouldn't need you to if he didn't work too much for his age," I said, picking up a book from the side table beside the couch. I flipped through it and plopped it back down.

"Yeah...I keep trying to tell him to take a break, but he says we need the money," Sodapop said, sighing.

"It wouldn't hurt to take a small break every now and then," I said. Sodapop just shrugged.

"I can't tell him what to do. It's his choice whether or not to keep working the way he does," Sodapop said, moving his hands so that they were both on Steve's right shoulder.

"Hopefully once Ponyboy graduates and moves out he will finally go easy on himself," I said, looking at Two-Bit who looks like he could stare at the TV every day without a break.

"Yeah, hopefully," Sodapop said.

"Hey, Two-Bit, is your sister still upset at me?" I asked. I haven't really been able to talk to her, because everytime I'm there she is either gone or locked in her room.

"Nah, she just wants it to seem like it. I honestly don't even remember why she is so upset at you," Two-Bit said.

"Yeah, same," I said, tilting my head as I realized I really did forget why. Maybe if I had talked to her right away and then chased after Two-Bit everything would be like normal between her and me. Hopefully she gets over it sometime soon.

A/n,
Hey, here is chapter 20! I am so sorry for the long wait before I was finally able to update! I guess I just needed a break from writing on this story. In the beginning I had gotten my phone taken away, but it is back now. Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!