Chapter 9

Avery's P.O.V.

My legs were starting to hurt from Two-Bit's head. I started to bounce them up and down, hoping that would wake him up. I looked down at him and smiled. I saw Steve and Sodapop walk in in the corner of my eye.

"Aww, he's sleeping..." I said, running my fingers through Two-Bit's hair. I then leaned my head down near his ear.

"WAKE UP!!" I screamed as loud as I could. Two-Bit woke up, falling off of the couch. Sodapop and Steve were laughing. I stood up and walked around, stretching my legs.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Two-Bit screaned, getting up and glaring at me.

"My legs were starting to hurt!" I said, giving him an innocent look. Two-Bit glared at me before lying down on the couch and getting comfortable. I went into the kitchen to get something to drink.

"Avery...I just wanted to say I'm sorry. For everything I've done the past few years. I can't tell you why I act like I hate you yet, but I will someday," I turned around to see Steve saying all of that. He looked genuinely sorry.

"It's fine," I said, smiling at him, before taking the chocolate milk out of the fridge and pouring some into a cup, putting the jug of milk back in the fridge.

"No, it's not. I've been awful to you without an explanation," Steve said. I looked at him and took a sip of my milk.

"True. You were a jerk. But...I forgive you," I said, giving him a small smile before chugging the rest of the milk.

"Why? Why are you forgiving me so easily?" Steve asked.

"Because you seem genuinely sorry, and I think everyone deserves second chances," I explained, putting the cup in the sink.

"I am genuinely sorry. I won't screw up this second chance, I promise!" Steve said, before Sodapop called him. He gave me a smile before running into the kitchen.

I really hope I made the correct decision of forgiving him.

A/n,
Sorry it's really short. It was meant to publish yesterday, but I was reading this Fred Weasley story that I really liked and I completely forgot about this story. Do you guys think she made the correct decision? Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!