Chapter 32 | The One Serious Chapter This Book Will Ever Have

A/N: Me writing this chapter half awake at sonic.

Indigo's POV:

Shit shit shit shit. When I pulled Wilhelmina and I into the ocean I didn't expect it to be COLD!

...What were you expecting?

I wanted to turn into a mermaid :(

You can be a mermaid on the inside Indigo.

ITS NOT THE SAME GODDAMIT!

Just focus on getting you and your friend back to land.

She's not my friend.

Then why didn't you leave her back there if she's your "mortal enemy".

Because I'm not a dick idiot.

That twelve inch monster schlong of yours could've fooled me-

THAT IS SO GROSS SHUT UP.

Fine. I'll take my thoughts elsewhere then.

That would be greatly appreciated.

Now where were we? Ah yes, the freezing cold water I blindly jumped into. Smart move on my part.

Wilhelmina was flopping her limbs around like a fish, which was NOT helping in the slightest. I bet the four guards up there thought our brain cells slid out of ours ears to be lost in the swirling water. Wow, that sounds oddly grotesque yet really cool at the same time.

I grabbed the flailing girl by the back of her neck and started swimming towards shore. A quick look back at the dock showed that the guards had apparently lost interest in us and had disappeared. Wonderful. That means there's no one watching me lose what little dignity I have left trying to rescue us from drowning. I'm sure it would have been a sight to see.

Finally, after dragging Wilhelmina's ass through the ocean we made it to shore. I threw her down onto the beach where she sputtered and muttered how much she wanted to kill me.

I rolled my eyes. "If you wanted me dead I'm sure there has been plenty of opportunities for you to do so."

She spit out a wad of seaweed. "Oh shut up."

Oh woe is me. I've had just about enough of her shit. Losing my happy and smiley facade I strode over to her shuddering body that was in a near fetal position on the sand. I stared down at her, gathering the strength to match a look that my father once gave me.

"What the hell is your problem with me Wilhelmina? And don't give me the same shit about how I just need to leave or that I wouldn't understand. I want answers!"

I barely recognized the person reflected in those dark pits she called eyes.

She sat up, hunched over like a child who has yet to learn proper manners. She refused to meet my gaze. "Do you really want to know?"

I nearly slapped myself. Is this bitch on crack? Is this bitch Hellen Keller? (who definitely faked everything by the way) "What do you think?"