Chapter 18 | Touch My Pancakes and You're Dead

A/N: I was just really craving some pancakes bros. Next chapter y'all FINALLY find out who Indigo's father is!!! Comment any of your guesses, I'd love to know who you think it is!

Indigo's POV-

My mother stared at me in awe as I shoved pancakes down my throat like I had been starved for weeks on end. Jokes on her, I was only starved for twenty hours a little while ago.

An entire day had gone by since my kidnapping and unsurprisingly my mother didn't suspect a thing. She believed I had spent the night and day at Kana's place instead of a dirty, roach infested cell. Moms, am I right?

It was now Monday, our scheduled breakfast outing for the week, and we sat in a cute little diner that was only a few minute drive from our house. They're pancakes are to kill for, so you better watch out.

My mom sighed and rubbed her face, a sign that something serious was about to be said. "Indigo," She said, "Your father has been released from his containment."

"I know." I said through a mouthful of pancakes, but the reply was muffled from the amount of food stuffed in my cheeks so it came out more as, "Iknamnph."

Her cool blue eyes were unconvinced. "You do know that he'll be coming for you after that little stunt you pulled?" She questioned slowly, making her point as clear as day.

I swallowed the rest of my food and took a sip of my hot chocolate. (That was delicious too if you were wondering.) "I know." I repeated again.

"You do know that he's hellbent on revenge, right?"

I gently placed my fork onto the counter. "Mom," I said for the thousandth time, "I know."

"Ok, just making sure. Didn't want you to freak out or anything," She chirped before digging into the pancakes precariously stacked before her.

I was eyeing her pancakes with longing, as if they were a lost lover I was pining for. As soon as I reached my hand over for a small bite, my mother smacked my hand away.

"Touch my pancakes and your dead," she hissed. Damn, that was harsh. Like mother like daughter, we both take out food way too seriously.

She then continued eating with me sitting back in my seat, absolutely stunned. She had a whole ass stack and wouldn't give me a piece? Ugh, I hate this fucking family.

My mom noticed my expression and waved over the waiter, asking for more pancakes. Aw, that's true love right there.

————————————————————————

Luca leaned over across his paint-stained desk to poke me repeatedly. "Indigo, just tell me already." The dark haired beauty pleaded with another poke.

I sighed, looking at the piece of work in front of me that Luca's relentless jabbing almost ruined. "Not now, Luca. I'll tell you all together."

He frowned at me, but I had other things to worry about at the moment. Mrs. Hayes had assigned us to paint an abstract work representing an emotion of our choosing. I had decided to go with joy, but something just wasn't right. Maybe there wasn't enough yellow? Or was the placement of that pink splatter off?

I'll figure it out later. I heaved another sigh and picked up my paintbrush loaded down with paint. If I wasn't careful, the globs hanging onto the thin bristles would fall and destroy my work.