14 - The ritual

The next day, Evelina woke up and strolled down to the basement to get a fresh blood bag. She chose a bag and turned but was abruptly bumped into by Damon.

"God Damon! Watch where you're going." Evelina exclaimed.

"I've been looking for you little sister." Damon informed.

"I'm not helping you in whatever schemes you have." Evelina groaned.

"How did you know what I was gonna ask?" Damon said.

"Well I guessed it wasn't for some brother sister bonding time at the park." Evelina mocked as she walked away from her brother.

"Please, Evelina. I need to make sure the ritual doesn't happen tonight so I need to get Klaus' werewolf. If there is someone guarding it then I'm predicting they won't hurt you." Damon explained.

"I don't care." Evelina argued.

"It's for Elena." Damon said.

"Is that supposed to help convince me?" Evelina laughed, "I barely know that doppelgänger."

"I'll do all the heavy lifting, all you need to do is be present." Damon offered.

Evelina rolled her eyes and finally gave up.

"Fine." She groaned.

~~~~~

When they arrived to the place where Klaus' vampire and werewolf were being held hostage a man walked out. He was a simple looking man who Evelina figured was a witch.

"Which one are you here for? The wolf or vampire?" The man asked. "You really didn't think Klaus would leave them unprotected did you?"

"Wishful thinking." Damon replied.

"But I have a hunch you won't hurt us." Evelina said.

"Why's that?" The man laughed.

"I'll introduce myself, Evelina and you are?" The girl smiled.

"Evelina? You shouldn't be here, Klaus said he'd make sure of it." The man retracted.

"He's not my keeper." Evelina said.

Before they could continue the confrontation, Damon grew annoyed and tired therefore lunging himself at the man and pinning him on the ground. Evelina rolled her eyes and rested herself on a tree as the two fought. The man pointed his hand and sent Damon hurtling backward, Evelina laughed as she fiddled with her hair.

"Little backup, Evelina?" Damon groaned.

"All you need to do is be present." Evelina quoted Damon and the old vampire sighed.

The witch sent more pain through Damon's skull causing him to scream in agony. Usually, this would bother Evelina but now she just stood and watched smirking. Before it was too late, a shot was heard and Matt Donovan stood behind the man with a gun. The Salvatore siblings furrowed their eyebrows at the boy standing with the weapon.

"Matt Donovan, what are you doing here?" Evelina inquired.

"Where's Caroline?" Matt asked.

"Listen, man now is not a good time to play the hero." Damon explained.

Matt cocked the gun.

"Where is she?" He demanded.

"Woah, chill dude." Evelina laughed and Matt sped around and pointed the gun at her.

"We're just here to rescue her, ok?" Damon said as he gestured to Evelina.

Evelina rolled her eyes as she knew his gesture meant 'get over here and help me'. She vamp-sped to the boy and hit him over the head with his gun, knocking him out cold. Damon bent down and picked up a wooden bullet.