9 - Kidnapped

Evelina woke up the next morning and switched on the tv as she made coffee. The news came on and informed about three people found dead because of 'animal attacks'. Evelina groaned and rolled her eyes as she stormed up the stairs to Damon's room.

"Damon! Was it you?" She asked.

"Evelina! I just got out of the shower." Damon exclaimed.

"Answer the question."

"Why do you assume it's me?"

"Oh come on don't play dumb, everyone knows when your hurt you lash out."

"I'm not hurt."

"You can't lie to me Damon, I'm your sister. I'm not gonna judge you I'm not Stefan, just a question."

"So what if I did?"

"You really need a therapist or something, maybe Elena." Evelina smirked.

"Shut up, get out."

"Fine, only because your half naked and I'm highly uncomfortable." Evelina said as she walked out of the room.

Evelina walked into her room. She sensed that someone was there and assumed it was Stefan.

"Stefan I told you stop rooting through my things...Elijah." Evelina gasped.

The tall muscular man stood in front of her and smiled. She gripped the door handle and went to run but he sped in front of her, blocking her way.

"Hello Evelina." He smiled.

"What do you want?" She questioned.

"Can't I just say hello?" Elijah smirked.

"Not when you've creepily snuck into my room." Evelina retorted. Elijah raised and eyebrow and smiled.

"Now I understand why my brother was so fond of you." He explained.

"Klaus?" Evelina gulped.

"Well yes but we both know he isn't the only one who you caught the eye of."

Evelina looked away from the man standing in front of her as she remembered Kol.

"Where is he?" Evelina asked, sheepishly.

"Still daggered in Niklaus' possession." Elijah responded.

"Oh."

"But you could help me, help me to get him back."

"Why would I want that? For all I care he could be rotting at the bottom of the ocean. He's nothing to me."

"Weird."

"What?"

"I always heard that you loved him just as much as he loved you."

"Once upon a time yes, but then he killed my best friend. Maybe fairytales should stay in books." Evelina replied.

"Very well." Elijah said.

"I have places to be so if you'd kindly move out of my way." Evelina ordered.

"Goodbye, beautiful Evelina." Elijah farewelled.

"Bye...I guess." Evelina replied as she quickly scurried away.

~~~~~

Elijah's words rung in her head as she walked through Mystic Falls - 'you loved him just as much as he loved you.' She walked along the cobbles streets with her hair in a messy pony tail that still looked effortlessly perfect. She didn't care how she looked at the moment but it made no difference.