4 - The masquerade ball

A few days had passed since the incident at the Historical Volunteer day. Damon had killed Mason Lockwood in cold blood whilst Evelina kept herself busy plotting a way to kill Katherine and acquiring the moonstone. After Katherine compelled Elena's aunt Jenna to stab herself, everyone was on board to kill her too.

Once again, Evelina was in the Salvatore boarding house as Damon had gathered them to see what Caroline Forbes had to say.

"What do you want?" Evelina asked as she walked into the room with Stefan.

"Go on tell them what happened. You'll love this." Damon said.

"I saw Katherine today." Caroline informed. Evelina raised an eyebrow.

"Where?" Stefan asked.

"At the Grill. I just stopped by to gawk and stalk Matt." Caroline explained as Evelina rolled her eyes.

"Skip the teen drama, get to it." Damon said.

"Then I had to pretend to use the bathroom even though I didn't really have to go because I'm some doofus." Caroline said.

"Alright you can go back to self loathing at home. Get to the Katherine part." Evelina said, growing impatient.

"Well then Katherine showed up and said I needed to deliver a message." Caroline carried on.

"What was the message?" Stefan inquired.

"She said to tell Evelina that she wants the moonstone or she will rip this town a part until it rains blood." Caroline gulped.

"That bitch is not getting the moonstone." Evelina scoffed.

"Shush..tell them the rest." Damon hushed Evelina.

"She said that she wants it tonight at the masquerade ball." Caroline explained.

"She wants to do it in public, killing Mason threw her off guard." Stefan said. "We can't underestimate her we have to play this smarter."

"Okay then find the Bennett witch. I've got a plan." Evelina said.

"Can't we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave? I don't want Bonnie to get involved." Caroline whined.

"No Katherine's not getting dick." Damon said.

"He's right, she's a malicious bitch, if she wants this moonstone I doubt it's for good intentions." Evelina said.

"We're gonna go to the masquerade ball and I'm gonna kill her tonight." Damon said.

"Don't you think that's obvious? She's luring us somewhere and giving us the time to make a plan before it. She may be evil but she's not stupid." Evelina added.

"Yeah, besides Damon's not gonna kill her." Stefan said.

"Don't give me that goody-goody crap." Damon retorted.

"You're not gonna kill her." Stefan repeated.

"Oh really?" Damon said.

"Because I am." Stefan said.

"Neither of you are gonna kill her. Alright, she ruined my life on purpose she accidentally did it to you. If anyone's gonna kill that bitch, it's me. The only reason I'm in this god forsaken town is to drive a stake through her heart." Evelina said.