8 - Rose

"Evelina!" Damon called from downstairs.

Evelina groaned and put on some sweatpants to see what her brother wanted. She gasped when she saw Damon holding Rose who's werewolf bite had returned.

"What I do?" He asked.

"It healed, what happened?" Evelina asked.

"I don't know, it just came back all of a sudden." Damon explained.

"There's no cure, if the rumours are true..." Evelina started.

"I'm going to die." Rose interrupted.

Evelina's mouth gaped and tears brewed in her eyes as she noticed the sorrow that shadowed Rose's face. Damon must've noticed it too as he held Rose closer to him.

Hours later, Damon had to leave and Elena joined Evelina in helping Rose. She had gained a few symptoms one of them being a ghastly cold despite it being summer, but other than that she seemed fine for a dying woman.

The two girls helped the vampire into Damon's bedroom to rest. She looked more terrible than ever, her usual beauty had turned into paleness and dread.

"I hate this. I'm a vampire I haven't had a cold in five centuries." Rose said.

"Just get in bed." Elena replied.

"We don't get sick, when we die it's fast and sudden. And it's certainly not drawn out with an illness." Rose carried on.

"Your not going to die." Elena reassured.

"There's no point in lying Elena." Evelina said, bluntly.

"We have to stay positive." Elena said.

"Positivity isn't going to heal her." Evelina snapped.

"Evelina..." Elena said, feeling sorry for the sick vampire.

"It's fine Elena. She's right." Rose responded she turned to Elena, "Your lucky you know, no ones ever loved me the way your loved."

"I highly doubt that." Elena said.

"And you." She turned to Evelina, "No one ever looks at me the way they all look at you. I've heard the rumours."

"What rumours?" Evelina inquired.

"You and the originals. The alluring Evelina Salvatore. Your famous." Rose explained.

Evelina smiled slightly and Elena looked to Rose confused.

"You know how Evelina knows Klaus?" She asked.

"I know bits and pieces of a story, some say she's the only person he's ever loved." Rose informed. "It could be lies of course."

Evelina's eyes widened and Elena turned to the girl.

"He loved you?" Elena inquired.

"No, we were just acquaintances." Evelina attempted to tell Elena.

"Lie all you want Evelina. The truth will come out." Rose said with a croaky voice.

"The bitch is dying, you don't believe her do you?" Evelina scoffed.

"I don't know what to believe." Elena sighed.

"Tell them to prepare the horses. Trevor don't be stupid." Rose began to say, hallucinating.

"Well that's new." Evelina said.

"Elena I need more blood." Rose demanded.

Elena handed Rose the glass of blood but then the vampire immediately started to choke and threw up the liquid. Elena rushed to the bathroom to grab a towel as Evelina comforted the vampire. She turned her head for a second and she was gone. Elena walked back into the room and Rose appeared behind her instantly pushing her against the wall with her eye veins appearing.

"This is all your fault Katerina!" The vampire growled.

Evelina grabbed the woman and slammed her to ground; holding her by her neck.

"Calm down Rose, it's Elena not Katerina. It's Elena." Evelina yelled.

Rose's face softened in realisation and Evelina noticed this and helped her up. Elena stood against the wall still shaking in fear.

"Elena...oh god. I'm so sorry." Rose apologised. "I don't know what's happening to me."

Evelina helped the vampire back into bed.

"You just need to rest." Elena reassured.

"I'm scared, Evelina I'm scared." Ross whimpered.

"It's okay, we're here. It's all going to be over soon." Evelina reassured. "Elena you should go."

"I can't just leave her." Elena protested.

"She's not herself. She could hurt you, it'll fine I'm here." Evelina said as Elena despite not wanting to, walked away.

"Evelina...I don't want die. I've barely lived. I had dreams." Rose sobbed.

"Tell me about the dreams, what were they?" Evelina asked in hope of bringing her peace.

"When I was a girl I always dreamed of marrying somebody, a prince. And he would take me some place beautiful..." Rose began.

As she explained the dream, Evelina envisioned it and placed her hand on Rose's head. She closed her eyes and placed the image into Rose's brain and instantly she became at ease. She sat for hours with the woman simply turning her dreams into a mind-reality. Evelina was bringing out her kind vunerable side, a side of her she wouldn't allow anyone to see.

"I'll take it from here." Damon said as he returned home.

Evelina opened her eyes and looked up a sympathetic Damon.

"She doesn't have long left." She told him.

"I know." He replied as they switched positions.

He held Rose in his arms and stroked her head to soothe her. Evelina smiled and walked out of the room.

~~~~~

An hour or so later, Evelina returned to check on Rose. She gasped when she saw Damon holding her body with a stake in her heart. Tears rolled down his face and as did hers.

"Oh no." She whimpered.

She walked over to the vampire and stroked her desiccated face.

"Was she at peace?" Evelina said, through tears.

"Yes, yes she was." Damon replied.

The pain stung in Evelina's chest as more tears brewed in her eyes. She'd only known Rose for a few days but after the moments she spent in her head today she felt close to her on a more intimate level. She knew that her brother did too, his mean exterior was gone and now he was just Damon. Evelina sat next to her brother and hugged him.

Damon softened and wrapped his arms around his little sister. He felt warmth in his heart as he felt his little sister had just returned. Despite the pain they felt, together the siblings felt at home and happier than in a long time.

A/N: sorry for the short chapter. I wanted it to focus on Evelina's kind side and her redemption. Also I wanted to build her and Damon's relationship more. I promise there will be Klaus very soon :)