15 - The cure

Stefan and Evelina spent the remainder of the day searching for any type of cure for a werewolf bite. Stefan enlisted the help of Bonnie to search for anything to help their cause. And after Damon's suicide attempt, he lay suffering in the basement.

"Just drive a stake through my heart already Eve. I can't take it." Damon groaned.

"Don't be pussy, we're gonna find a cure." Evelina said.

"You don't know that." Damon replied.

"You're right I don't, I'm manifesting it." Evelina smirked.

Evelina's phone rang.

"Evelina's phone." She said.

"Bonnie found something." Stefan said on the other line.

"Really? What is it?" Evelina inquired.

"She heard them say a name, Klaus." Stefan explained.

"Oh god." Evelina groaned.

"Yeah I know. Meet me at the grill in 5." Stefan ordered.

"I'll be there." Evelina replied.

"Let me guess, it was something to do with an original hybrid?" Damon said.

"Your guess would be correct." Evelina said, "I'm leaving so don't try and kill yourself while I'm gone."

~~~~~

The Salvatore siblings arrived at Alaric's apartment where Klaus had been staying. However all they discovered was Katherine, sitting on the bed.

"Hello Katherine." Stefan said.

"2 days I've been waiting I'm supposed to be free of Klaus' compulsion by now. He's supposed to be dead." Katherine said, angrily.

"We ran into complications." Stefan explained.

"Complications?" Katherine asked.

"Doesn't matter, we need to find him." Evelina demanded.

Suddenly, Katherine grabbed Stefan and pinned him against the wall. She left Evelina defenceless as Klaus and Elijah arrived into the apartment.

"Klaus! You're back look who decided to come for a visit." Katherine said.

"Lina.." Klaus smiled before Stefan appeared, "And brother you just keep popping up, don't you?"

"We need your help, for our brother." Stefan said.

"Well whatever it is he's gonna have to wait a tick. You see I have an obligation to my brother. It requires my immediate attention." Klaus said.

He walked past Evelina, gently brushing her body as he went.

"You understand how important family is or you wouldn't be here. My brother gave me his word that he wouldn't reunite me with my own." Elijah explained.

"And so I shall." Klaus said as he plunged a dagger into Elijah's heart.

"No!" Evelina exclaimed as Elijah yelled in pain.

She rushed toward the man but Klaus kicked her aside to make sure she didn't take the dagger out. He grabbed Stefan and pinned him against the wall violently.

"Now, what am I gonna do with you?" Klaus said.

"Klaus!" Evelina shouted but her voice had no effect on him since her betrayal days earlier.

"The witches said you have a cure. Let's make a deal you give me it and I'll do what ever you want." Stefan said as he struggled under Klaus grip.