11 - The second choice

The day after Evelina day drank at the Grill, it had been a long week of fighting and kidnapping so all she wanted to do was relax. She noticed Damon, his new toy and Alaric walk in and Evelina decided to eavesdrop on her brother's conversation. Soon later, Jenna and Elijah walked in and Damon's toy said that they should have a dinner party, Elijah agreed and once he left Evelina approached the eldest sibling.

"I love dinner parties, you think I can go?" Evelina said as she sat next to Ric.

"Of course!" The girl next to Damon said.

"Actually...no you can't." Damon added.

"Why not? It's in my house." Evelina snapped.

"Well you'll have to keep yourself preoccupied because you're not invited." Damon replied.

"What are you hiding from me?" Evelina questioned.

"Nothing." Damon responded.

"You've always been a bad liar Damon, I can see right through you." Evelina said.

"Even if I am lying if you show up I will gladly snap your neck and lock you in the tomb with Katherine. I'm trying to keep you safe, Stefan's orders." Damon explained.

"Keep me safe from who? Elijah? Am I not a part of Elena's deal?" Evelina asked.

"Possibly but we don't wanna take that risk." Damon replied.

"And you'd take the risk of miss reporter here?" Evelina said.

"You're not coming Evelina. End of discussion." Damon warned.

"Fine then, I'll preoccupy myself maybe with the blondie or little Gilbert. Elena would hate to see them die." Evelina threatened.

"You're not like me. You won't hurt a fly." Damon laughed.

"You really wanna test that theory?" Evelina said.

"You're. Not. Coming." Damon argued.

"Fine, but if I find out you're planning something behind my back, I'll snap your neck and lock you in the tomb with Katherine." Evelina said as she stormed off.

"Drama queen." Damon joked.

"Remind me again why we can't tell her?" Alaric asked.

"She has secrets she won't tell us. And besides we don't want her to get hurt." Damon explained.

"From what I've seen she's not exactly a damsel in distress." Alaric said.

"I'm gonna let her ruin this chance to kill Elijah, okay Ric?" Damon said.

"Okay." Alaric responded throwing his hands in the air.

~~~~~

Evening fell on Mystic Falls and Evelina sat firmly at the bar drinking to feed her sorrows of being left out once again. She was stronger than both her brothers but they still didn't trust her. She knew it was her fault for not telling them the whole truth but everyone lies in Mystic Falls.

A baby vamprie later walked in searching for Matt. Evelina rolled her eyes, she didn't know what she saw in that blonde football player. He was cute but really boring. If vanilla was a person it would be Matt Donovan.

"Hey Blondie, I think his shift is over." Evelina said.

"Oh Evelina...I thought you'd be at the dinner party thing with Damon?" Caroline replied as she sat next to her.

"I've been shunned, I didn't get an invite." Evelina sighed.

"That's weird, it's at your house.." Caroline remarked.